Would you like to work for an industry-leading structural steel provider?
Steelcon Fabrication Inc. (Steelcon) is expanding! We are looking to augment our team with highly motivated individuals striving for a career development opportunity, one where they can make an impact and contribute to the growth and success of the company.
Steelcon has a NEW opportunity for an Administrative Assistant, based in Brampton, ON. The Administrative Assistant will contribute to efficient day-to-day operations by supporting a manager, department, or team in their administrative needs.
*As an administrative assistant, you will contribute to our team by:
- Maintaining a well-organized filing system that permits easy reference and rapid retrieval of information
- Answering and directing incoming calls in a prompt, professional, and courteous manner
- Being responsible for managing office voicemail and distributing message
- Greeting all visitors, answers questions, and directs to meeting rooms, or connects them with staff members
- Opening, date stamping, sorting, and distributing incoming mail.
- Preparing outbound packages as per senders' requests and receives/distributes incoming couriers.
- Ordering office supplies for office or assigned area.
- Developing and maintaining strong, customer-focused relationships with all stakeholders.
- Other duties as required.
*What you will bring to this role:
- Less than one year in an administrative role or equivalent technical experience.
- Professional communication in person and over the phone.
- Professional and service-oriented approach internally and externally.
- Ability to multitask.
- Ability to act with discretion when handling confidential and privileged information.
- Ability to effectively handle difficult calls and situations.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Ability to adapt to various work styles.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective stakeholder relationships.
- Basic knowledge of Word, Excel, and Outlook
Upon submitting your resume, your application will be reviewed in the evaluation process. Part of this process requests that you complete this short assessment. If you have completed this assessment in the past, no need to resubmit : click HERE
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Steelcon group of companies. However only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Steelcon group of companies is an equal opportunity employer committed to accommodating an inclusive environment for all employees and applicants.
Accommodation for applicants with disabilities will be made during the recruitment process when requested.
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: Multiple Locations