Coast Claims Insurance Services is a fully independent adjusting firm, based in British Columbia with its roots on Vancouver Island.
Our Kamloops location is seeking an experienced Administrative Assistant with a strong understanding of Insurance Claims.
If helping people at a stressful time in their lives is important to you, if you enjoy creating accurate and professional documents and have great attention to detail, then this may be the job for you. We are looking for someone who wants a long-term position doing the administrative tasks in a friendly, results-oriented environment with like-minded career professionals.
The Administrative Assistant's main duties:
Dicta-typing / transcription of recorded statements and reports. Typing from dictation makes up approximately 85 % of the work in this position; as such, strong typing skills and accuracy are essential.
- Compile reports from dictation and file materials, ensuring they meet reporting guidelines.
- Prepare a variety of claims documentation and business letters.
- Open and set up new claims.
- Answer phones and provide backup reception duties.
- Billing and invoicing
- years of experience working in the insurance industry is essential.
- years of experience in an administrative or assistant role.
- Experience in a professional office environment is considered beneficial.
- Post-secondary education as it relates to the role is considered an asset.
- Strong computer skills including the ability to quickly learn new software.
- A high level of proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word)
- The ability to accurately type a minimum of 45 wpm.
- Excellent English language skills, both verbal and written.
- Proofreading and copy-editing skills are considered an asset.
- Strong administrative and clerical skills.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize.
This is a full-time permanent position working 37.5 hour a week
Pay & Benefits:
- 44,000 annually depending on experience
- Benefits package after the first 6 months
- RRSP matching program after the first year
- 6 Paid sick days annually
While we thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity, we will only be in direct contact with those applicants who are selected for interview.