Fiix is on a mission to build better maintenance teams by connecting customers to the tools, resources, and technology they need to join the future of maintenance. We help our customers drive better business outcomes with easy-to-use, AI-driven maintenance software, an open ecosystem, pre-built integrations and the industry expertise they need for maintenance success. There are over 2600 maintenance teams in 90+ countries using Fiix to improve communication, asset health, and even sustainability.
Creating positive social impact is baked into our company DNA, and as one of Canada's fastest-growing companies and Best Workplaces, we're transforming an industry and doing it the right way.
About the team
Our Fiixers are the key to our success. Our team is made up of professionals who bring together a variety of experiences, backgrounds and perspectives. We celebrate the diversity of our people and place a high value on creating an environment where everyone can bring their whole self to work.
As a Fiixer, you will work in a caring and collaborative culture, alongside people who are passionate and purpose-driven. You'll have the support and resources you need to grow, achieve your professional goals and develop your career for the future.
In our fast-paced, high-growth environment, you'll have the opportunity to work on challenging projects, develop your expertise and pursue leadership, within and outside of your role. Plus, as a BCorp certified organization, there are tons of opportunities to make an impact! Take paid time off to volunteer in your community, start up a new committee, join an employee resource group, or mentor other Fiixers. Best of all, you'll have the flexibility to work remotely or come and experience our awesome office. No matter where you're working from, we're committed to ensuring that the Fiixer experience is best in class!
Are you a new grad looking to start your career as a technical writer? Or a writer early in your career who's looking to expand your skill set at a new organization? This is a fantastic opportunity to join a supportive, collaborative team where you can learn and grow your skills.
As a Technical Writer at Fiix, you'll write, edit, and update documentation for multiple product areas. You'll have the opportunity to produce content in various formats, including help center articles, in-app copy, release notes, video scripts, and internal system docs.
In this role, you'll work closely with teams across our organization to ensure that documentation is accurate and complete. Your inquisitive nature will allow you to produce clear, effective communications for a variety of internal and external audiences.
What you will do:
- Fiix product documentation is used every day by maintenance teams
- so your work won't just sit on a ?virtual shelf.? You'll update and maintain our Fiix documentation (help center articles, FAQs, etc.) in a way that:
- Communicates product updates to customers clearly & concisely
- Helps users learn how to use our products quickly & effectively
- Track, manage, and coordinate delivery of in-app copy for translation, on a regular cadence
- Fiix is used by customers around the world, in a number of languages!
- Under the guidance and supervision of a senior member of our team, produce quality documentation, UI copy, and additional resources that meet applicable standards and are appropriate for the intended audience
- Work collaboratively with Product teams (Engineering, Product Management, UX, and Scrum) and Customer Support teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of product capabilities, our users' needs & challenges, and documentation requirements
What we're looking for:
- Strong written and grammar skills
- Demonstrable ability to produce clear, concise technical content
- Effective and strong communicator, both verbal and written
- Natural ability to find the best, shortest way to clearly communicate an idea
- Detail oriented, motivated, and organized
- Analytical, methodical, curious, and creative thinker who is committed to producing high-quality work
Nice to have (but not a requirement!)
- Experience using single-sourcing authoring software (Paligo, MadCap Flare, etc.)
- Familiarity with using video-editing software
- Reading and writing proficiency in a language other than English
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS :
- Degree in a writing intensive program (English, History, etc.), or
- Certificate or diploma in a Technical Writing program, or
- Equivalent work experience
At Fiix, we recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and excellence. Therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require accommodations during the interview process.