Who is Sapling?
As part of Kallidus Group (https://www.kallidus.com/), Sapling is an integral part of the human capital management suite designed to unleash people's potential to build better companies. Sapling's Onboarding and People Operations Platform (https://www.saplinghr.com/about/why-sapling) has been acknowledged as an industry winner and is chosen by companies like KPMG, Sephora, UCSF, Invision and Coupa to help them build successful onboarding and people practices for the future of work.
What's the job?
The Product Marketing Manager collaborates with Product, Marketing, and Sales teams to drive our go-to-market process for our SaaS applications and solutions; taking complex ideas and making them simple to understand.
You'll be best friends with our customers, identify their buying pain points and clearly articulate the value Sapling can deliver. You'll leverage your creative soul to develop product messaging and positioning, lead product launches, understand the competitive landscape and provide thought leadership supporting Sapling's capabilities.
This position is located in Greater Vancouver, BC, Canada area or as a virtual position elsewhere in North America.
Why you'll love it here:
Sapling is committed to building a culture (https://www.saplinghr.com/about/careers) that champions diversity, equality, and inclusion at every step. As a company that is trusted by HR professionals, these principles serve as the very foundation of our work. We are honored to celebrate team members regardless of race, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, lifestyle, age, educational background, national origin, religion or physical ability. We believe unique perspectives make us stronger, and we'd love for all that share these values to find a home here.
Want to apply but not sure if you'd be the right fit? We know there is no ?perfect' candidate. If we sound like the right place for you to make a difference in this world, we encourage you to submit an application!
What you'll be doing:
- Develop clear product positioning and messaging that differentiates Sapling and Kallidus Group products in North America by understanding customer needs, product roadmap, market trends, and competitive forces
- Work with Product, Sales, and Marketing teams to develop go-to-market strategies and translate technology into a compelling value proposition
- Deliver assets and collateral to help the Sales and Marketing teams articulate our value through copy, slides, images, videos, and training
- Work with Product to establish a continuous feedback loop to influence the product development roadmap and mitigate product gaps
- Partner with Customer Success to understand current customer renewals and segmentation analysis
- Perform competitive market analyses and enhance our arsenal of competitive awareness
- Plan and execute product/feature launches from inception to beta to general availability and related sales enablement
- Partner with our Growth team to deliver meaningful value to new and existing customers in the right place at the right time
What you probably need:
- At least 2 years in B2B product sales, marketing, or product management positions
- Proven track record of crafting compelling stories or materials that convince others to make a purchase
- Ability to be scrappy, successfully driving projects in a fast-paced environment with minimal guidance and limited resources
- Excellent listening, oral, presentation, and written communication skills
- Good design sense: you don't have to be a designer, but you need to know what matters in building a great customer-facing presentation, webinar, or other assets
- Strong ability to aggregate and interpret data to derive insights that drive customer value
- Demonstrated empathy for customers and passion for working with an ownership mentality
- Experience working with distributed and remote teams
- BA/BS required in Business, Media, or related field
We hope you also have:
- Experience developing a point of view and publishing thought leadership
- Fearlessness in working with data, diving into stats and metrics about product usage, pricing analysis, market analysis etc.
- Domain experience in Human Resource technology
- Pragmatic Marketing certifications