Central 1 is the partner of choice for financial, digital banking and payment products and services
- fueling the success of businesses across Canada. With $16.9 billion in assets, we leverage our scale, strength and expertise to power progress for more than 225 credit unions and other financial institutions, enhancing the financial well-being of more than five million customers from coast to coast. For more information, visit Central1.com.
Because of COVID19, all Central1 offices are currently closed to non-essential employees. This role will see you working remotely until our offices are reopened. The timeline to reopen is still under consideration, as are our future remote working policies.
The Digital Communications Specialist will be responsible for developing and implementing a range of Central 1's member-focused communication activities through proactive, organized, reliable and coordinated communications, which improve client satisfaction and revenue channels, while strengthening Central 1's overall organizational reputation.
Reporting to the Director, Communications, the individual in this role will initiate and implement digital communications strategies and tactics for Central 1, that support Central 1's strategic and business plan. The individual will support relationship management with clients, provide counsel and guidance on digital strategy to the larger Communications team and provide project support to internal Central 1 departments.
- Develop, implement and manage client-focused digital strategies using relevant key messages, tactics, metrics that enhance engagement to increase profile of both Central 1 and its member credit unions and drive business priorities and strategic objectives.
- Advise on, and implement digital components of specific external communications projects and strategic planning projects as part of the larger communications team or key corporate initiatives.
- Manage key Central 1 digital channels, including client-facing daily communications on Secure Site, curation and distribution of the regular publication, The Hub, social media websites, e-newsletters, and other channels.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of digital communications best practices and adopt for use when appropriate
- Support the crisis communications plan and processes to ensure effective and efficient response to potential issues
- Support marketing/communication efforts aligned to Central 1's lines of business objectives
- Support the digital communications management of member-facing events, webinars, and other engagement initiatives
- Take an active role in identifying issues with digital communications processes and making improvements
- Develop and maintain communications strategy and materials for digital channels, including positioning statements and messaging, templates, website content, blogs, email marketing, social media for B2B, etc.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of Central 1 products and services
- Perform other duties as required to deliver exceptional service and to support Central 1's business and strategic goals
As the successful candidate you possess a university degree in business, communications or public relations, marketing or other related discipline, or equivalent combination of education and experience. A minimum of six years communications experience, including at least three years in client-facing strategic digital communications, preferably at an agency or within a corporate environment as part of a communications team. Demonstrated experience with strategic communications planning for complex organizations with multiple stakeholders is essential.
You have the ability to develop and implement strategic communications plans for digital channels that support business objectives, set and meet clear directions, expectations and deadlines, remain focused on objectives, build excellent relationships, take ownership of performance and results, and foster a sense of urgency and dedication to meeting goals.
Ability to think strategically and identify opportunities to improve digital communications with Central 1's members, clients and the industry and bridge identified gaps.
Experience interacting with senior leaders in a large organization. Experience in a marketing environment and with marketing strategies is an asset.
- Highly developed analytical, problem solving, planning, organizational and change management skills. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing, manage issues and adapt easily to changing priorities and business needs. Excellent customer service, client management and leadership skills. Strong business acumen.
- Proven critical thinking and decision-making skills as the scope is broad and the potential for major impact to reputation is extensive.
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced work environment
- Excellent writing including ability to target digital communications to engage different audiences to fulfil specific purposes for a variety of B2B and B2C audiences
- Measure the success of digital campaigns and continuously seek opportunities to improve
- Exceptional awareness and use of all current and relevant social media tools and metrics for marketing B2B including, but not limited to: LinkedIn, TwitterYouTube and Hootsuite
- Advanced knowledge of, and experience with, digital channels and web-related tools such as HTML, WordPress, and good working knowledge of Office 365 including OneDrive and CRM such as Salesforce
- Design skills and experience with email marketing tools such as MailChimp or Pardot are strong assets. Experience with webinar tools, MS Teams and Photoshop is a bonus.
As much as we believe in working hard, we also believe in personal growth and taking time for ourselves. Accordingly, our total rewards philosophy amounts to one of the best compensation and benefits packages in the industry
- from performance-based incentives and extended benefits, to training and education reimbursements and ample vacation time.
Central 1 is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce by creating an environment where everyone feels like they belong and has the opportunity to be successful. We are welcoming of all applicants and we will provide an accessible candidate experience.
Reporting to: Director, Communications
Date Posted: September 15, 2021
Location: Vancouver, Mississauga or Toronto