What is the opportunity?
As a senior community leader, you are responsible for overall performance of 2
- 5 RBC branches of varying sizes and complexity within the community. Your priority is to lead your branches and work very closely with RBC partners to deliver exceptional client experience, acquire clients, grow market share, grow our brand, and acquire sustainable growth. You accomplish this through execution of an integrated community plan involving all branches and RBC partners. You are also a key influencer in the community with a passion for creating success for our clients, employees, and communities as a cornerstone of your success.
What will you do?
- You are a One RBC leader and integrator in your community and market, responsible for the performance and contribution of your team and partners, focusing on business growth including new client acquisition and enhancing our ability to acquire and deepen client relationships
- You lead 2-5 branches, one branch directly and the other branches in the community indirectly.
- You are a leader and facilitator of talent management who sources, deploys and shares capability to maximize community and market coverage.
- You are a leader that develops and manages employees ensuring we have the right talent, with the right capability for today and the future, accelerating development in collaboration with RBC partners.
- You are a leader who enables the team to put our clients at the center and brings the full power of One RBC by leveraging a vast array of partners and capabilities to help meet our clients' needs
- You are a steward of our clients that leads a team that delivers an exceptional client experience; maximizing advocates, minimizing detractors with a strong focus on problem resolution, client care. You lead with advice and digital capability as a compelling value proposition.
- As a key influencer in the community, your build RBC presence, expanding our network and sourcing new business opportunities. You drive acquisition and growth activities within the community, inside and outside the branch, to acquire clients and increase market share in a more complex environment (i.e. intense competition, diverse client segments)
- Understand and manage strategic, reputational, operational, credit and regulatory compliance risk
What do you need to succeed?
- Minimum 5 years Sales Leadership experience and minimum 10 years Financial Services experience. Exposure to two or more lines of businesses preferred (Financial Planning, Mortgage Specialist, Business Financial Services, Regional Support etc)
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize for impact, deliver outstanding results through collaboration, and effectively impact and influence partners all while fostering a great employee experience
- Proven experience in leading a diverse workforce including sourcing, developing and promoting talent; as well as ability to manage remotely
- Demonstrated agility in Leadership experience in community involvement (i.e. directorship, committees)
- Completion of an acceptable mutual fund branch management exam offered by the CSI, or ability to write an exam within 4 months of start date
- Public speaking experience or media training
What's in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- This role offers the unique opportunity to continue to build your leadership capability and lead dynamic and diverse team in making a difference in a community and being a leader in the local financial services sector
- Fulltime RBC employee status with unlimited earning potential and full benefits
- Work with a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and highperforming team
- A worldclass training program in financial services
- Flexible work/life balance options
At RBC, the health and wellbeing of our employees and candidates is always our top priority.
COVID-19 has accelerated change across our workplace, including our hiring practices! As a result, throughout your application process, you may be asked to connect with us virtually, and may not be required to meet in-person. Our recruiters will explain how our video-interview technology will be used throughout the recruitment process, and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.
You will be given the opportunity to work from home, if you can be fully productive, and role requirements including regulatory obligations can be satisfied. We are committed to supporting flexible work arrangements, investing in technology or other resources to enable you to work from home effectively, wherever possible.
Health & Safety
For employees that may be required to work from our premises, we're doing our part to safeguard your health, and taking extra steps to reduce the spread of COVID-19. All RBC premises will allow for required physical distancing requirements, and new routines and resources such as hand sanitizer, antiseptic wipes, masks, or other protective equipment.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at jobs.rbc.com.
Work Hours/Week: 37.5
Work Environment: Branch
Employment Type: Permanent
Career Level: Senior Manager/Director
Pay Type: Salary
- Variable Bonus
Required Travel (%): 26-50
People Manager: Yes
Application Deadline: 09/27/2021
Req ID: 415142
Platform: Personal & Commercial Banking