About the Company:
BuildDirect is an eCommerce company with a proprietary tech platform that connects homeowners and home improvement professionals in North America with suppliers and sellers of quality building materials from around the world, including flooring, tile, decking, and more.
Our mission is to be the world's simplest and most trusted source for all things flooring. And we do all this from the comfort of home.
We live our values everyday. Trust, ownership, excellence, customer obsession and perseverance are at the heart of everything we do. And we can't forget our final value
- ?Enjoy the Journey?. BD allows us to have our voices matter in all that we do. We're collaborative and entrepreneurial at the same time. Our commitment to one another allows us to be accountable while enjoying a work culture that values our experience and decision-making capabilities. If you are looking for a role where your contributions make a difference in how the company operates, BuildDirect could be a great match for you.
As Social Media Specialist, you will be responsible for developing and implementing our social media strategy under the direction of the Digital Marketing Manager in order to create high customer engagement and a sense of community and follower growth. Owning and executing a wide range of social media and community building initiatives, the Social Media Specialist interacts with many departments internally to support a consistent and cohesive brand message across all of our social channels.
You are expected to create content that resonates with the interests of the intended audience, the day-to-day management of our social media platforms and implement social media campaigns that align with marketing strategies. You will wear many hats as you work with multiple teams to build and drive strategy, work with designers, write copy, manage social communities, and analyze data.
- Manage social media content calendars from conceptualization to execution, including developing content concepts, writing meaningful content, editing, and creating shareable content
- Strategically engaging with audiences on various social media platforms (including Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest)
- Copywriting and copy-editing content for social media that's clever and on-brand
- Publishing content per calendars/schedules using third-party tools (and manually on some platforms)
- Monitor social media channels to build a community of followers, handle support questions, and increase engagement
- Identify, build, and nurture relationships within the social channel community
- Management of customer review sites
- Develop and manage our influencer strategy and campaigns
- Ensuring project delivery and results are meeting expectations on brand, on time and on budget
- Help convert our brand fans into loyal customers with engaging, responsive, responsible, surprising, and captivating social media interactions
- Monitor overall social media trends and proactively capitalize on them,
- Monitor competitive landscape on key topics, news and trends, Engage with third party where appropriate
- Engage with potential customers via social media platforms
- Excellent knowledge of Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Linkedin, Trustpilot and other social media platforms
- Working knowledge of third party tools, e.g. Hootsuite, customer review tools, affiliate tools etc
- Exceptional communication and writing skills, strong editorial and creative skills, with the ability to craft and edit messaging
- Strong command of the English language, both written and oral
- A strong understanding of the nuances of writing copy for specific social platforms, audiences and intentions
- Ability to manage third party vendors to achieve business goals
- An understanding of SEO as well as link management and link building experience
- The ability to operate under pressure and meet deadlines; includes strong multitasking skills
- High threshold for delivering in an ambiguous, fast paced environment
- figuring it out and adapting as you go
- Able to work independently on projects and also collaborate as a team member
- A willingness to roll up sleeves to get it done, have a strong sense of urgency and commitment
- 2-3 years of managing social media accounts
- Experience with Google Analytics, Google Ads, Facebook Ads, etc is a plus
- Experience delivering content that works for B2B and B2C audiences
- Unlimited vacation
- Extended health benefits (i.e., naturopath, massage therapy, acupuncture)
- Annual learning benefit
- Regular company-wide & team events
- A culture of talented people, that like to have fun!
**Note, we are currently working remotely while we find fantastic new office space in downtown Vancouver. We are estimating working remotely until November 2021 and then on a hybrid model thereafter and we can work with candidates needs and preferences.**