You are a multi-tasker and are able to work independently, performing a wide range of complex and confidential administrative duties to support your team.
What is in it for you:
- Work at The #1 Airport Hotel in North America, Fairmont Vancouver Airport
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies designed to sharpen your skills
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
- Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service to clients and internal colleagues mostly conducted via phone and email
- Qualifies general inquiries by engaging with potential and existing clients via phone, and directs to appropriate Sales person
- Responds to inquiries from customers in the absence of direct Sales personnel by following direction of another Sales manager
- Conduct on-site inspections in the absence of a Sales Manager
- Ensure prompt and courteous service is extended to both internal and external customers
- Maintains positive relationships will all guests, vendors, colleagues and Global Sales network via all forms of communication
- Has a complete knowledge of hotel's services and facilities
- Oversees communication to assigned key local accounts/programs duties
- Assists with maintenance of account, contact, activity and business details within Opera Sales & catering according to Fairmont Standards
- Prepares proposals, contracts, client communication letters, expense forms, cheque requests and invoices
- Coordinates site inspection notices and distributes to appropriate staff members
- Assists with restaurant, spa, transporation and room reservations for group VIP's and Sales Managers
- Maintains current Sales and promotional literature
- Updates convention bureau lists
- Coordinates the distribution of pertinent information to all pertinent departments within hotel
- Prepares and disseminates month-end reports
- Provides clerical duties as required (typing, filing, etc.) to assigned Sales colleagues
- Attends daily "stand up" meeting and monthly Sales meeting
- Coordinate amenity distribution
- Serves on a hotel committee, Heartist, Health and Safety or Planet21 as required
Your experience and skills include:
- Business and/or Hotel Post Secondary Diploma preferred
- Microsoft Office suite of software literacy required
- Operea Sales & Catering and Opera Property Manager experience preferred
- Ability to assume key operator responsibilities for all technological equipment in the office
- Past Sales experience (internal or external) an asset
- Adhere to Fairmont Grooming Guidelines
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to prioritize work in an environment with multiple interests
- Ability to handle complex and confidential information with discretion
Your team and working environment:
A team of Heartists that are committed to working together, supporting each other, and providing the best guest experience. Feel Valued, Feel Sparked, We Are One.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS