Director of Sales & Marketing (Full Time Permanent)
Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge is seeking a motivated and dynamic Director of Sales with proven leadership skills, strong creativity and a ?can do? work ethic. This position is accountable for leading and managing all initiatives as they relate to Sales, Revenue Management, Conference Services, Marketing and Public Relations. Additionally this individual will also be a key contributor for the property's overall revenue generating efforts. The DOSM is also required to effectively support and lead sellers who are off property in conjunction with working closely with fellow DOSM's within a regional sales model for Canada's Western Mountain Region. This regions includes the Fairmont Banff Springs, Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise, and Fairmont Chateau Whistler. Further collaboration is required with Accor Corporate office and any of our other local, domestic and international destination partners.
HOTEL OVERVIEW: Our guests will leave Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge with lasting memories of an incredible mountain adventure. Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge is a 451-room world class resort. The hotel operation encompasses the operation of rooms, incredible signature cabins, 9 food & beverage outlets, golf course, riding stables, and recreation facilities including boating, cycling, tennis, skating, skiing, etc. The Lodge is recognized as one of Canada's premier resorts and has been distinguished by receiving awards such as the #1 Golf Resort in Canada by Score magazine and Meeting & Incentive Pinnacle award to name but a few. FJPL is located in the heart of Jasper National Park.
What is in it for you:
- Subsidized staff accommodation provided on-site for full time status
- Competitive extended benefits package including medical, vision and dental for full time permanent status
- Employee Travel Program
- Comprehensive Wellness Platform (LifeWorks)
- Discounts on food & beverage/spa/golf
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge and over 5,000 properties with Accor
What you will be doing:
Reporting to the General Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to:
- Achievement of total hotel revenue goals as set forth in the hotel's business plan
- Achieve budgeted room night quotas and average rates set out in the yearly business plan
- Develop Sales strategies & tactics that align and support the hotels strategic plan
- Takes an active role in regional tourism organizations and participates in sales activities both on and off-property
- Demonstrate leadership in Revenue Management, ensuring revenues/yields are maximized based on demand and growth requirements
- Identify opportunities to increase on-going and additional revenue streams and create value by challenging existing processes, encouraging innovation and driving necessary change
- Provide customer intelligence and evaluation of market & economic trends and adapts sales strategy to meet/exceed customer expectations, generate increased revenue and ensure competitive positioning in our marketplace
- ?Hires the Best? for the property-based Sales and Marketing leadership team and provides on-going coaching, training and action plans to promote development of Managers and their direct reports
- Work closely with the Directors of Group Sales within the region to ensure sellers action plans are executed in such a way that will drive revenue for FJPL
- Work in collaboration with GSO's to maximize business results
- Work collaboratively with the Regional Director of Sales & Marketing and Canada's Western Mountain Region DOSM's to maximize the performance of both the Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge and the region as a whole
- Identifies and develops marketing communication activities, analyses marketing opportunities, develops and executes creation and distribution of collateral (online and traditional) to support business goals and destination awareness
- Focus on the transient segment with the goal of strategically developing programming and resort animation to drive marketing and promotional opportunities. Collaboration with sister hotels to create regional content, and to share or adopt hotel best practices
- Manage local Public Relations initiatives and work in collaboration with regional Director of Public Relations for National/International opportunities
- Ultimate responsibility for the resorts adherence to all brand marketing standards. This includes internal and guest facing communications/signage
- Develop strong partnerships with local and external organizations to further brand/product awareness and advises brand and regional teams of brand growth opportunities
- Leads and supports the on property Conference Services team. Ensures follow-up and actions plans to build VOG results and meeting planner OSAT
- Develop and implements the creation and distribution of collateral (online and traditional) and all sales promotional pieces to support business goals and destination awareness
- Fairmont.com and property microsite oversight to ensure content and offer updates are actioned by the property marketing team. Aligning microsite content to regional strategies and best practices
- Responsible for establishing all sales quotas as outlined in the budget and driving performance with sellers to ensure goals are achieved
- Prepares weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports as required and analyses external reports and resources to establish hotel's market position
- Prepares and administers hotel's budget and marketing plan to achieve total hotel revenue goals
- Maintains a strong relationship with owners and actively participates in the preparation and delivery of monthly/quarterly/annual business reviews
- Active member of the hotel executive committee. This includes participating in hotel events, assisting with communications and playing an active role in all colleague engagement action plans
- Responsible for managing S&M expenses and payroll
- Other duties and some travel as required
Your experience and skills include:
- Minimum of five years hotel sales management experience required.
- Bachelor's Degree and/or Hotel Management Degree preferred.
- Resort Experience an asset
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in advertising and promotional activities.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills and strengths in innovation, energy, and results-orientation.
- Must be results oriented with ability to be very flexible.
- Excellent understanding of all market segments to include Leisure and Business Transient, group and tour.
- Excellent communications skills- interpersonal, written and public/media relations
- Computer literacy (Opera, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Ability to understand and interpret financial data.
- Positive attitude and supportive, team based approach towards the attainment of the hotel's goals.
- Ability to travel and work flexible hours and days.
- An established involvement with and leadership of revenue management theory and practice required.
- A proven record of leadership and team development necessary
Your team and working environment:
- Fast-paced, upscale, luxury hotel
- Close proximity to Marmot Basin Ski Resorts in winter and world-renowned hiking trails in summer
- Hospitality employees worldwide making this a great place to develop lifelong connections
Visa Requirements : Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for AccorHotels?
We are much more than a world leader. We are more than 250,000 hoteliers with a purposeful and heartfelt mission: to make every guest Feel Welcome in our 4,500 addresses and on our digital platforms. We are committed to a culture and guided by our values that make our talent Feel Valued. We want them to express their passions every day and realize their full potential through exemplary professional development and growth opportunities, enjoying a life filled with unlimited experiences. To connect with us, please visit https://www.accorhotels.jobs/home.aspx