JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARYCustomer facing staff responsible for winning business. Impacts approaches, projects and programs in the functional area or affected business organization and ways of working. Impacts quality, efficiency and effectiveness of own team. Guided by commercial practices and policies that may be shaped by the role. Has significant control/influence over commercial priorities. There is moderate autonomy within the role to enter into/execute Commercial arrangements. High levels of Commercial judgement are required to achieve outcomes required.
- S/he will have strong solution selling skills that enable them to deliver high value solutions to the Utility industry, demonstrating how GE brings simplicity, speed, and scale to the customers digital transformation with modular software applications that better operate, analyze, and optimize business processes.
- S/he will work with the Grid Growth Team, Sales Teams, and Marketing to identify, pursue, and win key strategic software deals in the areas of asset control and asset management.
- They will work closely with Product and Marketing Teams to provide feedback and drive adjustments in product/strategy to increase improve win rates
In this role, you will:
- Demonstrate to customers how they benefit by partnering with GE and how our solutions deliver world class results and usher them through the quickly changing industry.
- Develop and execute a Solution Playbook that formalizes the GE strategy for winning new customers.
- Work with all teams on building a strong competitive strategies.
- Populates and analyzes a sales pipeline to maintains an array of opportunities to ensure that sales goals are achieved
- Championing the Voice of the Customer to adjust and optimize our offerings.
- Establish a deep understanding of GE Solutions and the industry transformation in order to map the customer through their own journey.
- Learn the solution selling framework for GE business
- deal lifecycle, enablement deliverables, required resources, technology support, maturity model, sales methodology etc.
- Bachelor's Degree in business, marketing, technical or related discipline.
- 3+ years of software industry experience minimum.
- Energy, Utility, Power, or other related industry experience.
- Legal authorization to work in Canada is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this role.
- Must be willing to travel, post pandemic.
- Ability to learn and adapt to develop GTM strategies to reach new customers.
- Ability to engage with customers to draw out key priorities and obstacles in order to discuss solutions and value that will be a move a customer to engage further.
- Ability to work with GE teams to create new offerings and approaches to engage and sell new customers.
- Transitions to becoming a trusted advisor who is not afraid to identify challenges the customer faces internally and provide assistance in overcoming them.
- Achieves and maintains direct involvement in customer discussions about expected business outcomes, benefits, and value from the solution
- Identifies and prioritizes critical GE resources needed to further the sales effort, negotiating with stakeholders for utilization, and delivery to the customer to achieve a technical win.
- Identifies and coordinates owners, sponsors, timelines, actions and deliverables for the deal, from proposal preparation until contract closure
- Understands people's roles, can foresee obstacles, identify workarounds, leverage resources and rally teammates
Relocation Assistance Provided: No