Unified Communications & Collaboration (UCC) Implementation & Business Velocity Consultant
Are you a tenacious self-starter with a results-oriented mindset and way of operating? Are you looking to join a team responsible for providing modern collaboration services that enable VMware colleagues to do their best work? Join the UCC Team and be responsible for delivering frictionless and delightful experiences to VMware's predominantly remote, hybrid workforce.
The Elevator Pitch: Why will you enjoy this new opportunity?
UCC technologies excite you because of the broad impact you can have on VMware colleagues with new modes of collaboration enabling a highly distributed and predominantly remote workforce. Leverage your ideate, test, and executive mindset in this stimulating and challenging role to be our UCC Implementation & Business Velocity Consultant.
- Work across the UCC Team to deliver our products to VMware colleagues, customers and partners
- Communication, Collaboration and Productivity Suite
- Wellbeing & Engagement Platforms
- Immersive Hybrid Work Experience
- Work with an experienced and high performing UCC Team leveraging integrated DevOps principles and agile development practices
- Be part of a collaborative team obsessed with colleague experience above all else
- Lead in one of our top priority areas: accelerating our pace of execution and innovation
What is the primary need, technical challenge, and/or problem you will be responsible for?
As UCC Implementation & Business Velocity Consultant your main focus in this role will be to:
- Coordinate the execution of our UCC Operating Rhythm comprised of integrated DevOps principles and agile development practices such as standups, office hours, hackathons, demo days, road-mapping, and quarterly OKR planning and lookbacks
- Implement and engrain UCC Roadmap Governance to ensure that all products and services have established roadmaps along with the necessary backlog, prioritization, execution and productization plans
- Enhance and engrain our UCC Rapid Solution Evaluation, Fail Fast and POC Frameworks to accelerate the evaluation of emerging trends and markets while increasing our ability to ?try and decide? quickly and repeatedly
- Facilitate and coordinate strategic planning activities, leadership events and the connection to planning activities in our parent CET, CIO and CDTO organizations
Success in the Role: What are the performance goals over the first 6-12 months you will work toward completing?
In this role you will be measured on your successful ability to:
- Publish, establish and facilitate the activities and events defined in our UCC Operating Rhythm
- Ensure full compliance with requirement for all products and services to have defined roadmaps
- Leverage the UCC Product Roadmap tool to facilitate agile development processes to create, track and execute a prioritized product roadmap
- Manage the process used by Product Leaders to track and manage the backlog of product ideas, enhancements and POCs
- Track and report success metrics for our priority of accelerating development and ?try and decide? Fail Fast and POC projects
- Create a firm link between the planning activities in UCC and our parent and partner organizations
- Demonstrate an increase in overall UCC product and project execution velocity
What type of work will you be doing? What assignments, requirements, or skills will you be performing on a regular basis?
In this role you will regularly do the following:
- Bring structure and cadence to activities to ensure progress and achieved of defined outcomes
- Enforce rigor and foster a culture of achievement and celebration
- Clearly articulate processes to the UCC Team so that they can be uniformly followed
- Track and drive actions to closure by influencing others in and beyond UCC
- Network and learn from others within and outside VMware to constantly learn and bring best practices to UCC and VMware
What is the leadership like for this role? What is the structure and culture of the team like?
In this role you will report to Bryan Hope, Director of Unified Communications & Collaboration. Bryan is a momentum-building leader focused on transformational programs in the software and high-tech industries. Bryan encourages and enable others to tackle tough challenges thought to be impossible, while providing a platform for emerging leaders to rise up and shine. Fostering innovation and disruption, Bryan leverages technology to accelerate achievement of business and social outcomes.
What are the benefits and perks of working at VMware?
You and your loved ones will be supported with a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Below are some highlights, or you can view the complete benefits package by visiting www.benefits.vmware.com
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Medical Coverage, Retirement, and Parental Leave Plans for All Family Types
- Generous Time Off Programs
- 40 hours of paid time to volunteer in your community
- Rethink's Neurodiversity program to support parents raising children with learning or behavior challenges, or developmental disabilities
- Financial contributions to your ongoing development (conference participation, trainings, course work, etc.)
This job requisition is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsored by VMware
Category : Business Strategy and Operations
Subcategory: Project Management
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-09-22
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what's possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.