The STF acknowledges the Truth and Reconciliation Commission Calls to Action and commits to furthering the work of reconciliation.
We are currently seeking a Graphic Designer to join our creative team at our head office in Saskatoon. This is a full-time temporary position for approximately 10 months.
This position will provide professional interactive and creative design solutions from concept to completion, integration and ongoing renewal of print, web-based, social media, video and other communication applications, products and tools.
- Under the direction of the Manager, Design and Production, and in collaboration with Federation staff as appropriate, participates in pre-production planning meetings to identify and clarify the graphic design requirements and multimedia possibilities of each design and production project.
- Drafts and recommends concepts and options for each project based on understandings about:
- The purposes, objectives, intended audiences/uses and other requirements of the project.
- Organizational strategies, policies, brands, messages, related projects and other relevant communications factors.
- Multimedia opportunities in the context of the Federation's multimedia strategy and initiatives.
- Creates and prepares innovative, industry standard graphic design for print and multimedia for each project based on the selected concept and makes adjustments as required during the design or production phases to ensure that the organizational/client expectations are most effectively met.
- Communicates and collaborates with team members to share knowledge and design concepts for use in related projects, posts and publications.
- Updates and refreshes existing print and multimedia products and tools as needed.
- Participates in post-production meetings and peer review opportunities to analyze or evaluate projects as needed and identify and recommend improvements to design and production processes.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending design workshops; reviewing professional publications and participating in professional societies.
- Researches and applies current trends, innovations and resources related to graphic design and multimedia principles, practices and industry standards.
- Maintains project process reports and communicates in a timely manner with the manager and colleagues any relevant details, issues or challenges.
- Maintains the quality and overall consistency in the style and application of graphic design and materials.
- Identifies and recommends hardware and software enhancements to expand the Federation's multimedia capabilities and to improve design and production quality and workflow.
- Reports, and where appropriate, troubleshoots or applies fixes to software and system-related problems as they emerge.
- Maintains compliance with organizational standards and practices related to the Mac and PC computer systems.
- Maintains digital and paper project dockets and files by using the established system.
- Ensures that all digital files (type, artwork, photos, video and illustrations) are prepared and maintained in the proper format and resolution for production on internal equipment or use in multimedia applications.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The successful applicant will have a diploma in graphic arts and a minimum of three years of relevant design and production experience with an emphasis on multimedia projects and collaborations. Knowledge of Macintosh and PC operating systems and applications on computer and mobile devices is required. Must be highly skilled at using Adobe Creative Suite. Experience with Adobe Premiere Pro is an asset. An equivalent combination of education and experience will also be considered.
Skills, knowledge and abilities include:
- Demonstrated creativity and sound professional judgment by applying new insights, trends and best practices.
- Demonstrated ability to apply graphic design principles and print production best practices.
- Demonstrated skills in working with video/photographs/illustrations for application in print, websites, social media and other online materials.
- Demonstrated ability to set priorities and to manage projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated attention to detail, including skills in ensuring the consistency of graphic design and production details across related multimedia.
- Good keyboarding skills.
- Superior interpersonal skills in developing and maintaining effective working relationships with all staff.
Salary and Benefits
The Federation offers a competitive salary and a full-range of pro-rated benefits, including health care; group life insurance; optional retirement plan; long-term disability; sick leave; and paid leave for staff members to support work-life balance.
As a registered employment equity employer, the Federation encourages applications from members of the following equity groups: Indigenous peoples, people with disabilities, members of visible minorities and women.
If your considerable experience and strong commitment to excellence serve to make you an exceptional candidate for this position, please complete the Careers Application Form by selecting the ?? button below. Please include three to six samples of your design work. The deadline for applications is 11:59 p.m., Sunday, October 3, 2021.
Job Types : Full-time, Temporary, Contract
Work Location: Multiple Locations