The Administrative Assistant, under the direction of the Human Resources Manager, provides administrative support to the Human Resources Recruitment team. This position supports the team with with reference checking, posting of new hire documents and uploading and maintainence of the electronic records system and completes other office duties as required.
This position works full-time Monday
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible to maintaining the branch Absenteeism log and liaising with manager regarding the need for performance management
- Responsible to overseeing scheduling of the CPR re-certifications required each month. Liaise with provider and updated employee requirements.
Prepare reports, promotional e-mails and other documents as requested.
- Handle, screen and redirect incoming phone calls. As required supports employees calling with requests.
- Assists Recruiters with reference checking and follow-up on outstanding hiring documents. Is also responsible for police check requests.
- Develop and maintain mailing lists and databases.
- Maintain confidential human resource files; complete human resources correspondence as requested.
- Arrange appointments, meetings and orientation sessions.
- Transcribe and distribute HR meeting minutes.
- Assist in the development of materials for presentations.
- Provide coverage for the Receptionis as required.
- Participate in ongoing internal and/or external continuing education activities
- Adhere to Bayshore Policies and Procedures.
- Participate in quality activities and continuous improvement initiatives in keeping with the company's Quality Management System.
- Participates in proactive Health & Safety activities while performing all duties. Is responsible to notify immediate Supervisor of any Health & Safety risks or concerns.
- Maintains confidentiality of client and corporate information and discusses same only with appropriate Bayshore personnel.
- Complete other tasks as requested.
- Secondary School Diploma; completion of an Administrative Assistant training program is preferred. Completion of a certificate or diploma administrative course/program.
Other Skills and Abilities
Exceptional customer relations and teamwork skills; proficiency in Windows applications, database management, e-mail and the internet; administrative or executive level writing skills; demonstrated ability to establish priorities, handle multiple tasks and work independently and as a team member; strong commitment to continual learning; fluency in written and spoken English.
Internal candidates must have a proven ability to complete administrative tasks, deal with customers and have consistently shown above average initiative. Successful candidates must complete a three month probationary period specific to the position.