Founded in 2009, Functionalab Group is a leading and innovative developer and marketer of beauty brands focused on the professional aesthetic market with its Dermapure, Project Skin MD and Functionalab brands, and on the dermo-cosmetic market with its Jouviance brand.
We are brand builders. We are business builders. We leverage our entrepreneurial spirit and creative strengths to deliver superior growth in the most promising sectors of the beauty industry.
The Group has been ranked among Canada’s top performers in the GROWTH 500 ranking of Canada’s Fastest-Growing Companies for five years in a row (2016 to 2020) and acclaimed by the most influential players in the industry. Functionalab Group benefits from the support of strong financial and strategic investors, including L’Oréal through its BOLD Business Opportunities for L’Oréal Development fund.
We are looking for you!
Do you have a way with words? We are seeking a storyteller who loves beauty, aesthetics and skincare and believes it’s the most interesting subject in the world. We are looking for an experienced, creative, and detail-oriented Professional Writer to join our rapidly expanding team.
In this role, you will script all necessary content for our growing company and help brainstorm new content ideas. You must be able to self-edit work, change written tone with ease, complete projects on time, and write effectively for multiple formats. From app interface to email, to editorial, to social media, you’ll collaborate with cross-functional teams to create, edit and revise customer-facing materials, internal correspondence and technical documentation. A major part of this role will be writing customer communications – for email, web ads and website texts. You’ll also be responsible for our blog publication calendar and work closely with other marketing team members to ensure timely delivery of materials for our social calendar.
As a creative person, you’ll be collaborating with our incredible brand design team, delivering concepts for advertising materials like blog articles, video and print. You’ll bring forward new ideas and liaise with freelance support as needed.
Along with your CV, please share a selection of work from your portfolio, ideally including both long-form and short-form writing, along with conceptual work (advertising or internet samples will suffice).
- 3 to 4 years of full-time experience as a professional writer, in journalism, advertising, or related field, experience writing for the beauty industry is an asset
- Undergraduate degree in English, Communications, Journalism or related field preferred
- Extensive knowledge of the beauty and aesthetics industry and trends
- Ability to write in a variety of formats, tones, and brand voices
- Ability to communicate complex information clearly and effectively to a variety of audiences
- Ability to adapt quickly to our organizations needs and priorities, coping effectively with complexity and change
- Open to criticism and ideas, often soliciting feedback and accepting of constructive feedback
- Ability to be creative and innovative, generating new ideas and creative solutions
- Excellent organization skills and ability to meet established deadlines
- Wicked attention to detail - not an errant comma slips by you!
- Proven ability to work well independently and to collaborate easily with cross-functional teams
- Familiarity with search engine optimization (SEO) best practices
- Bilingualism (French) is an asset