Reuters is looking for an experienced Audience Editor to drive loyalty and traffic and expand our audience on Reuters.com and a variety of social platforms. The ideal candidate must be an experienced journalist, obsessed with data and analytics, and have the collaboration skills to work on cross-functional teams that involve editorial, marketing, technology, and sales. Applicants must also be able to work with speed, accuracy, and be brimming with ideas for digital storytelling and be able to see how those fit into the online strategy of the world's largest independent news organization.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As our Audience Editor you will:
- Advise and work closely with our site editors as well our newsletter and social media teams to provide insights that will improve traffic and create a better experience for our audience
- Identify and continually monitor the key metrics that will enable us to convert casual users into loyalists
- Help evangelize better SEO practices throughout the newsroom
- Work closely with product, technology, and analytics to ensure we are effectively tracking numerous editorial initiatives on our site and social handles
- Reinforce Reuters Trust principles and standards across all platforms
You're a fit for the role of Audience Editor if you have:
- At least three years of journalism and audience development experience in a fast-paced newsroom
- Experience with SEO tools like SEMrush, Sistrix, and Google Trends
- An understanding of and familiarity with social-media publishing and analytics tools, including SocialFlow, CrowdTangle, Chartbeat, Google Analytics and other relevant software or platforms
- Experience working on high-quality, global editorial products
- Experience working in breaking-news situations and on curated products
- An understanding of audience engagement metrics and industry best practices
- Exceptional news judgment and attention to detail
- Excellent writing and news presentation skills
- Deep understanding of global and financial news
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU
At Reuters, our people are our greatest assets. Here are some of the benefits we offer for your personal and professional growth:
Global Career: As a global company, we can offer a truly international career and progression opportunities
Learning & Development: we have a dedicated training team focused on the continuous development of our employees
Benefits: we offer competitive salary packages and market leading benefits
Perks: Work alongside Pulitzer Prize-winning journalists and a team who provide unmatched, award-winning coverage of the world's most important stories
Reuters is the world's largest multimedia news provider. Founded in 1851, it is committed to the Trust Principles of independence, integrity and freedom from bias. With unmatched coverage in over 16 languages, and reaching billions of people worldwide every day, Reuters provides trusted intelligence that powers humans and machines to make smart decisions. It supplies business, financial, national and international news to professionals via desktop terminals, the world's media organizations, industry events and directly to consumers.
Reuters: The Real World in Real Time
Do you want to be part of a team helping re-invent the way knowledge professionals work? How about a team that works every day to create a more transparent, just and inclusive future? At Thomson Reuters, we've been doing just that for almost 160 years. Our industry-leading products and services include highly specialized information-enabled software and tools for legal, tax, accounting and compliance professionals combined with the world's most global news services
- Reuters. We help these professionals do their jobs better, creating more time for them to focus on the things that matter most: advising, advocating, negotiating, governing and informing.
We are powered by the talents of 25,000 employees across more than 75 countries, where everyone has a chance to contribute and grow professionally in flexible work environments that celebrate diversity and inclusion. At a time when objectivity, accuracy, fairness and transparency are under attack, we consider it our duty to pursue them. Sound exciting? Join us and help shape the industries that move society forward.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
Protect yourself from fraudulent job postings click here to know more.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on https://thomsonreuters.com.