Interested in a career at Langara College?
Our employees exemplify Langara's values of excellence, collegiality, innovation and integrity. If you think this position fits your qualifications, we encourage you to apply!
Lang ara College is located in Vancouver, B.C.: applicants to postings must be located in BC or willing to move to BC to accept work with Langara College. Exceptions to this will be clearly outlined in the event Langara College requires work (or positions to be based) to be performed outside BC or Canada.
Current employee? Apply through Careers in your Workday account.
Job Title: Communications Officer, PMO and OPEX
Employee Group: CUPE
Employee Type: Permanent
Start Date: Monday, November 1 2021
End Date (if applicable):
Job Description : Langara has initiated a multi-year project to renew its administrative and academic processes and the technologies that support them. Reporting to the Manager, Communications and Marketing, and working closely with the Director, Project Management Office & Operational Excellence, this position will play an important role as a member of the PMO (Workday) and Operational Excellence (OpEx) and Sustainment teams, providing dedicated communications strategy, planning, and implementation services to the project, and to maintaining communications needs around the projects and new initiatives created by the OpEx team with partnering departments within the College.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED :
Education & Experience:
- Successful completion of an advanced diploma in marketing, communications, journalism, public relations or equivalent. Additional specialized training in one or more areas: stakeholder engagement, project management, copywriting/editing, etc. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Minimum four (4) years of recent related experience as a marketing communications professional including strong strategy and planning, project management skills, client services, writing/editing, events coordination, and internal communication skills within a Mac environment.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Experience in higher education marketing, internal communications, or technology marketing an asset.
- Knowledge of change management best practices and stakeholder engagement methodologies an asset.
- Experience with large technology implementation and/or business transformation projects an asset.
- Experience and knowledge of both traditional and digital marketing strategies and tactics.
- Knowledge of Workday and SharePoint an asset.
Skills & Abilities:
Demonstrated ability to:
- communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- translate complex technical information for non-technical audiences.
- successfully collaborate with clients, colleagues, and suppliers to deliver high-quality work.
- manage client expectations within a fast-paced work environment.
- maintain strong working relationships with others using effective interpersonal skills.
- manage multiple competing projects, effectively organizing and prioritizing workload.
- deliver high quality work on time and within project budgets.
- operate related equipment.
- work in complex and/or sensitive situations.
- work independently and take initiative with a minimum of supervision.
- work as a collaborative team member.
- use tact/diplomacy and meet work performance standards set by the College.
- Impact and influence without formal authority.
- Capacity to work harmoniously with others.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate events and facilitate consultation sessions.
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Proficient in Google analytics, Google AdWords, Sprout Social, web content management systems, email marketing platforms, project management tools, work management systems such as WorkFront, and media databases.
Hours & Days of Work: 8 :30am
- 4:30pm Monday to Friday.
To obtain the full job description, please contact our recruitment team.
Salary Range: $33.69
- $39.74 per hour
Pay Grade: CUPE Paygrade 28
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 35
Hours may vary according to the needs of the department.
Compressed Workweek (Fortnight): No
Closing Date: Monday, October 11 2021
If you were a temporary employee with CUPE Local 15 at Langara College who has worked within the last five (5) months of the closing date on this posting
Shortlisted candidates will be required to provide proof of educational and professional credentials noted on their resume.
We thank you for your interest in Langara College and taking the time to complete an application. Only complete applications will be reviewed. Internal candidates will be given first consideration. Please be advised that due to the amount of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.