Customs Administrative Assistant
As demand continues to grow for our services, we are looking to add full-time Customs Administrative Assistants with an interest in international trade to our team. With time, experience and education, this position would ideally start your journey to becoming a fully-licensed Customs Broker.
Because international trade is a 24/7/365 business, this role is on a shift-based schedule, with time assignments which will vary and will include days, afternoons, and at times overnights. This is not a Monday to Friday daytime job, and the shift will also usually include a Saturday and/or Sunday. Shift schedules will be assigned at least a month in advance and employees will always be full-time.
We're located at the US/Canada border crossing (176th Street and 1st Avenue) in South Surrey/White Rock. There's no public transportation to our office so you must have a vehicle to get here.
- MS Office or Google Apps experience
- Typing speed of 35 WPM or better
- Administrative experience (i.e. filing, scanning, data entry) is beneficial
- Ability to complete physical tasks such as sitting, bending, and crouching
- Strong business math and world geography skills
- Must be able to speak, read, and write English at a professional level
- Must be in Canada and have the right to work at the time of application. Applications from outside Canada will not be considered. PNP/Express Entry will not be considered. Foreign placement agencies need not contact.
- Must possess a vehicle (no public transportation available)
- Starting wage of $20.00
- $22.50 depending on work hours
- Full-time employment (37.5 hours/week)
- Fully paid Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits for employees and their families after three months
- Bonus plan
- A Pension Plan
- Education Support
- Free Fitness Centre and instructor
- Growth and Development Opportunities
- Discounted meals at our onsite restaurant
- Free parking
- and more!