Requisition ID: 118071
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
Are you ready to start a rewarding career with Scotiabank?
A talented and skilled workforce is the lifeblood of a successful organization. As a Senior Talent Acquisition Consultant you know this, and you're passionate about finding the very best in the market to join our leading Global Wealth Management team at Scotiabank.
The work you'll do
- Work closely with executives and leaders on their hiring needs, and recruit for senior, complex and specialized roles within our national Scotia McLeod portfolio.
- Lead end-to-end recruitment processes including communication with hiring managers, candidates, assessments, offer management and negotiation, and exception decisions from the business on salary and benefits
- Network and outreach to build and maintain candidate talent pools and build talent pipelines that are representative of the diverse community groups we serve as an organization
- Build and execute plans in the areas of recruitment branding, attraction strategies, sourcing and selection methodologies
- Provide market intelligence to your business, proactively gathering and sharing pertinent data to inform and influence hiring managers and business leaders
- Champion a customer-focused culture to deepen client relationships, leveraging the broader bank's relationships, systems and knowledge
The skills you'll need
- 5+ years of recruitment experience, preferably supporting a national portfolio in wealth, banking, finance, engineering, legal or similar professional services industry
- You have experience building diverse candidate pipelines for complex, niche roles and skill sets
- You are persuasive and can use recruitment data to tell a story and guide hiring manager expectations
- You have great communication skills, with expertise in building rapport and meaningful relationships with candidates and internal clients
- You're a true brand ambassador. You put the candidate experience first; you understand the importance of creating positive experiences, regardless of whether the candidate is hired
- You have a strong sense of urgency, self-motivated and take pride in a job well done
- You are self-aware and personal growth is important to you
- French language skills are an asset but not essential
What's in it for you?
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
- We're a tight-knit supportive team of 10 Senior Consultants that work together to share and learn from the teams' wins, challenges and experiences to solve problems
- We provide you with the tools needed to create a best-in-class candidate experience
- This isn't your typical "corporate" job. We work hard and we have fun! We recognize the importance of skill development and team engagement so provide Talent Acquisition team members with opportunities to participate in and work on projects (we're building a rotational program), events (including our town halls and TA Forum) and initiatives (like our TA EPIC Mentoring program or Innovation Challenge).
- We highly prize and live by our values of respect, integrity, passion and accountability.
- We offer a competitive total rewards package that includes a base salary, a performance bonus, company matching programs (on pension & employee profit sharing), 4 weeks of vacation, personal & sick days, maternity leave top-up and much more.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.