Requisition ID: 125180
Cost Centre: GLOBAL COMMUNICATIONS OP
Employee Referral Program
- Potential Reward: $2,000.00
We are committed to investing in our employees and helping you continue your career at Scotiabank.
Contributes to the overall success of the Canadian Banking Communications team, ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team's business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
- Leads and drives a customer focused culture throughout their team to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Supports the Senior Manager, Canadian Banking Communications in strategic communications support including leader communications, executive thought leadership, and proactive communications initiatives. This individual will be expected to write high-impact content while working closely with key partners and the broader Global Communications team to share best practices.
- Drives the creative development and execution of high impact, engaging content including:
o Leading internal and external communications initiatives supporting Canadian Retail Banking business objectives. Managing editorial calendars, developing media materials, project managing content rollouts;
o Working with the Creative Studio to develop multimedia and graphics in support of communications strategies;
o Collaborating with agency partners and internal stakeholders on integrated communications campaigns
o Sharing of best practices within the Canadian Banking / Enterprise Communications and broader Global Communications teams to support the development of a best-in-class function.
- Leads the reputational issues management process and media relations for the Canadian Retail Bank and its corresponding business lines, by: o Developing and circulating issues documents with recommended action and statements
o Acting as liaison between the business and the media concerning relevant issues pertaining to reputational risk;
o Developing and executing proactive media relations campaigns in support of business objectives
- Develops excellent relationships with the Canadian Retail Banking business line, the broader Canadian Banking business, CB Communications, Global Communications and Enterprise functions towards the goal of refining strong internal and external brand identity. Demonstrates strong understanding of Canadian media landscape and shares media intelligence and best practices with Canadian Banking Communications team.
- Understand how the Bank's risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Creates an environment in which his/her team pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank's Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
- Builds a high performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment and using a coaching mindset and behaviours; communicating vison/values/business strategy; and, managing succession and development planning for the team.
You can juggle competing priorities
- from content development to town halls
- and know how to grow strong relationships and ask the right questions to build the story and execute an event perfectly. You have a demonstrated ability to effectively convey corporate strategies and financial information in a succinct, professional manner. You've developed a strong knowledge of the multi-channel universe in a corporate environment.
We work closely with and on behalf of senior leaders
- sometimes under tight deadlines. Your superior project management skills will assist in the development of multiple projects and complex initiatives.
Education / Experience / Other Information (include only those that are specific to the role)
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in Communications, preferably in a financial services environment.
- Experience in developing Communications and Change Management strategies.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with a demonstrated ability to plan and create effective print and online content.
- A deep understanding of Canadian Banking's structure and strategy, coupled with strong relationships across the network.
- A strong understanding of the Canadian media landscape with experiencing developing and executing earned media campaigns.
- Excellent demonstrated ability to take complex ideas and translate them into digestible key messages that resonate with audience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a demonstrated ability to plan and create effective print and online content.
- Strong interest in communicating and driving strategy through effective communication and employee engagement tactics.
- Strong strategic thinking skills and financial acumen, with excellent attention to detail, and high-level accountability for the quality and timely completion of projects.
- Flexible and willing to take on new challenges as they present themselves.
- Strong ability to create enthusiasm and foster a team environment.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.