Director, Employee Communications
- ( 210002EA )
Grow with the best. Join a smart, creative, and inspired team that accomplishes operational excellence. Bringing together individuals with diverse backgrounds, talents, and expertise, our 22,000 team members in over 350 locations worldwide are vital to making our Company stronger.
Stantec is looking for a Director of Employee Communications who will develop integrated, multi-channel employee communication strategies to help achieve key business objectives. The DEC is responsible for Stantec's employee communications strategy, continually evolving the way we communicate with employees to reflect shifting demographics. We are looking for someone who:
- Is an exceptional communicator with the unique ability to distil detailed business plans and strategies into compelling and inspiring content, and a passion to keep communications fresh by implementing best practices in employee and leadership communications
- Is a results-oriented strategic thinker with strong business acumen, exceptional judgment, excellent problem-solving skills
- Infuses creativity; consistently strives to improve communication processes and effectiveness; and delivers clear, transparent, compelling, actionable communications
- Is an experienced leader who can confidently delegate and build strong partnerships with a larger Stantec team of Marketing, Business Development, Public Relations, and Communications professionals.
Does this sound like you? Great! You're the Communications leader we're looking for.
This role reports directly to the Vice President of Brand Identity, Public Relations, & Communications. Stantec offers a flexible work environment (currently remote) and we are open for this role to be based out of the posted US or Canada locations.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Build comprehensive company-wide communications programs that help employees understand the goals, strategy, programs, processes, and vision of executive leadership, ultimately helping strengthen employee engagement
- Develop recommendations to evolve Stantec's employee and leadership communication platforms to reflect shifting demographics and communication preferences, with the ?employee experience' in mind
- Collaborate with leaders and MCPR colleagues to solve communications challenges, take advantage of communications opportunities, and strengthen the effectiveness of communications across our business (global, regional, business operating unit)
- Lead, empower, engage, and develop a talented team of highly skilled internal communicators to deliver inspiring, high quality, effective communications and develop engaging content to be leveraged across internal channels such as videos, emails, blog, and visual assets
- Provide organizational (company) perspective, priorities, and context to the team, enabling them to understand the big picture and represent company direction in their work
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key partners across Stantec's Functional Services Teams, such as Business Experience, HR, IT, Finance, Health & Safety, Risk Management, etc.
- Develop and execute innovative and compelling employee communications plans in support of business priorities
- Deliver measurement and analysis on the effectiveness of employee and leadership communications programs
- Partner with Public Relations colleagues on crisis communications
- Partner with global communicators to support effective execution of communication programs in locations across the globe
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Demonstrated experience and success in translating business strategies, plans, and issues into effective and inspiring employee and leadership communications programs
- Proven experience transforming traditional communications tactics to fit with shifting media habits (e.g., digital, social, and mobile)
- Exceptional communicator with outstanding oral, written, and presentation skills; an excellent storyteller who can build and deliver messaging across a diverse set of audiences
- Proven experience leading high-performance teams, with an emphasis on employee development through effective coaching and mentorship
- Demonstrated experience with crisis communications
- Strong organizational, project management, and time management capabilities with the ability to juggle multiple priorities
- Proven track record in successfully leading execution of business change management; change management certification such as Prosci would be considered an asset
- Skilled in working with employee communications apps and platforms (e.g., PowerPoint, Intranets, collaboration tools, social listening, blogs, video, photography etc.)
Education and Experience
- Post-secondary degree in Communications, Marketing, Journalism, or related field
- Minimum 10-15 years of progressive communications experience in a large organization with global reach
- Experience in leading and mentoring a team is required
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-Alberta-Calgary
Other Locations : Canada-Ontario-Toronto
Job : Marketing Communications Management
Organization : BC-1186 Employee Communications-Corporate-Canada
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Manager
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Oct 4, 2021, 8:38:34 AM
Req ID: 210002EA
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans