Requisition ID: 125724
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
As the Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition within Retail Distribution, you will lead a team of high performing Talent Acquisition Consultants who provide our business partners with strong talent that contribute to the client experience and achieve our business objectives. You will be accountable for managing a recruitment team that is world class and grounded in competitive intelligence. Your team will be able to effectively tap into top external passive talent and effective consult & collaborate with senior business leaders. In partnership with the Talent Acquisition Director and Senior Leadership you will lead the change to build a foundation for purposeful talent acquisition practice by creating talent pipelines and partnering with key stakeholders across all critical lines of business within Retail Distribution. You will set up the team for future success by leading the change from reactive hiring to proactive sourcing in all talent segments through creating meaningful relationships, unique operating models and creative sourcing strategies across Canada.
- Build a fun yet high performance environment and implement people strategies that attracts, retains, develops and motives their team by fostering an inclusive work environment
- Proactively work with senior business line leaders, HR Relationship Management Offices and other HR partners, in developing and initiating recruitment strategies and managing the execution of those strategies
- Establish and sustain strategic alliances within key sourcing channels inclusive of campus, outreach programs and staffing vendors to source qualified talent
- Use recruitment analytics and reporting to provide useful data and advice to the business leaders and maintain a proactive approach to their recruitment needs, especially throughout periods of change
- Promote efficiency within the recruitment process. Identify areas to streamline and enhance experience for Recruiters, business partners and candidates
- Foster an environment of continued professional development. Ensure the team has access to and leverages the best in class training and coaching
- Experienced people manager with the ability to build, develop and coach a high performing team
- Thorough knowledge of the Employment Equity legislation; knowledge of candidate demographics; the workforce planning process; time management skills in order to satisfy the needs of a large client group
- Experience using and implementing various attracting/sourcing/recruitment techniques
- Experience working in complex and/or large organizations
- A recognized post-secondary degree is an asset
- Human Resources designation is an asset
- 5+ years of mentorship, leadership and people management experience within a Talent Acquisition function
- 12+ years of Talent Acquisition experience within a corporate or banking environment
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.