Do you want to be part of our innovative and entrepreneurial team?
Do you thrive in an entrepreneurial environment and enjoy working in a team atmosphere? Are you an “outside the box” thinker who strives to implement continuous improvements? Do you take a strategic approach to your work? Do you enjoy in a fast-paced culture where your opinions are valued and respected? Do you enjoy building partnerships to solve mutually beneficial challenges?
Mitacs is a national not-for-profit that helps industry and non-profit partners solve strategic challenges by leveraging Canada’s world-class post-secondary talent and a global network of industry, academic, and government partnerships. Through these collaborations, Mitacs helps business and community partners succeed, improves students’ on-the-job skills development, and strengthens Canada’s world-class innovation ecosystem. At Mitacs, we strive to develop the next generation of innovators with vital research and business skills. In partnership with domestic and international companies, governments and academia, we support a new economy using Canada’s most valuable resource – its people.
To get a better understanding of Mitacs and read more about our values please visit our website
SENIOR GRAPHIC DESIGNER
We are looking for a skilled creative who can deliver compelling visual communications that elevate Mitacs’s look and feel to fuel our impact in the Canadian innovation ecosystem. As a motivated and tuned-in designer, you are responsible for developing creative solutions from concept to completion across the full spectrum of platforms and media outputs. You understand how to translate an idea from sketch to campaign in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. You are results-driven while also passionate about typography, visual media, branding, and captivating your audience’s attention to create memorable experiences. You are a proactive critical thinker who can react to and solve problems as they arise. You will be the lead designer in our marketing communications team and will collaborate across all functions in the organization.
- Design graphic and multimedia content for web, social, brand, corporate, sales, events, and all other marketing communications needs
- Strong capacity to drive marketing performance through design-driven strategies and tactics
- Manage all brand visual assets and guidelines, and support their consistent implementation across the organization
- Art direct and oversee creative solutions, including ability to work with freelancers and/or agency creative resources as needed
- Ensure on-time and on-budget delivery of projects
- A keen eye for visual details
- Ability to keep up to date with design trends, consumer behaviors, and media futures
- Foster strong working relationships with marketing communications peers
- Capacity to interact with internal clients using strong communication and collaboration skills
- Bachelor’s degree in visual communications, graphic design, or equivalent
- A minimum of 5 years prior related corporate, agency or not-for-profit experience
- Proven working experience as Senior Graphic Designer with a portfolio of work
- High level of proficiency and technical expertise with the full Adobe Creative Suite, responsive design, pre-press and equivalent design software and technologies
- Ability to manage projects, meet deadlines and collaborate effectively with team members
- Experience with content management systems, particularly WordPress
- Knowledge of accessibility standards, WCAG 2.0+, and inclusive design principles a definite asset
- High-level written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in French an asset
- Employer paid extended healthcare, dental, and life insurance coverage
- Group RRSP matching program after 1 year of employment
- Three weeks paid vacation with an additional holiday closure
- Internal and external training opportunities
At Mitacs we believe a diverse workforce comprised of individuals with different ideas, strengths, interests and backgrounds is crucial to our success. We encourage candidates to connect with us and share ways how we may accommodate their needs during the recruitment process.