Canada's Challenger Bank?
Equitable Group Inc. trades on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: EQB and EQB.PR.C) and serves a growing number of Canadians through Equitable Bank, Canada's Challenger Bank?. Equitable Bank has grown to become the country's eighth largest independent Schedule I bank with a clear mandate to drive real change in Canadian banking to enrich people's lives. Founded over 50 years ago, Equitable Bank provides diversified personal and commercial banking and through its EQ Bank platform has been named #1 Bank in Canada on the Forbes World's Best Banks 2021 list. EQ Bank provides state-of-the-art digital banking services, like the Savings Plus Account that reimagines banking by offering an everyday high interest rate, plus the flexibility of a chequing account, as well as a wide range of smart banking solutions for Canadians, like fast international money transfers, US dollar accounts and a suite of registered products.
Purpose of Job
Reporting to the VP, Sales & Distribution, Personal Segment and working alongside senior sales management, the Director, Sales Operations & Strategy is responsible for the development and implementation of sales force effectiveness strategy for both SFR Mortgage, and Wealth Solutions (CSV, Deposits, Reverse Mortgage). The incumbent will be responsible for leading projects to grow and optimize our sales practice and improve our operational efficiency and overall productivity.
As the Director of Sales Operations & Strategy, you are a proactive and hands-on leader who serves as a strategic partner to the sales leadership team. This role leads the Sales Operations and administration team, processes, and tools to drive sales force productivity.
Work in partnership with senior leadership in Sales to offer insights into the performance of the business and recommendations for improvement (Productivity, Commission Administration, Communication, CRM, etc.)
- Build & lead a high performing team, responsible for sales operations, reporting, sales productivity, and strategic analysis to enable our Sales teams to exceed their goals
- Assisting in development of operational strategy and roadmaps for SFR Mortgage, and Wealth Solutions (Deposits, CSV, Reverse Mortgage), including financial/experience justification, and overall design
- Provides leadership to the sales organization and counsel to key stakeholders in implementing sales organization objectives that appropriately reflect our business goals
- Drive planning and quota setting processes and related activities, working with cross-functional teams to build plans that align to corporate goals and strategy
- Design, implement, and manage sales processes, leveraging best practices in establishing a high level of quality, accuracy, and process consistency across reporting, forecasting, quota setting and management, sales process optimization
- Oversee the creation, accuracy, and efficient distribution of sales metrics, reports and other sales related business intelligence essential to the organization
- Assist in the delivery of new products and features in the sales forces
- Maintaining industry and competitive awareness, including identifying emerging issues and trends to inform decision-making
- Breaks down strategic problems, and analyzes data and information to provide insights and recommendations
- Actively contribute to the enhancement of business operations processes covering applications, data, reporting, field engagement and project/change management
- Build strong relationships across field leadership and other cross-functional departments to influence decision making, drive process optimization and overall salesforce effectiveness
- Work with internal partners to ensure tools and technology are optimized to meet the needs of a growing sales organization
- Education: Post-Secondary Degree in Commerce, Management, Economics, Finance, etc. CPA/MBA or other graduate degree a plus
- 10+ years of relevant experience in sales, strategy, sales operations, finance or management consulting including people management
- Familiarity and expertise with mortgage, deposits, insurance and/or unsecured lending is a plus
- Strong executive presence and an ability to lead through influence and credibility across an organization with exceptional presentation, written, and oral communication skills
- Solid leadership skills, including driving impact across teams
- Strong business acumen and financial literacy skills, with ability to actively identify areas of opportunity for the business to drive scale, improve margins, and/or streamline existing processes
- Excellent analytical skills, problem solving and organizational skills, with strong attention to detail
- Proven track record of management and leadership skills required to drive operational efficiency with high levels of personal accountability/reliability
- Strong strategic planning skills and sharp business judgment with exceptional execution
- Proactive learner with self-starter mentality and strong interpersonal skills
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, PowerBI / PowerQuery & CRM Tools
What we offer [For full-time permanent roles]
Competitive discretionary bonus
? Market leading RRSP match program
Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability benefits
Employee Share Purchase Plan
Maternity/Parental top-up while you care for your little one
Generous vacation policy, personal days and even a moving day
Virtual events to connect with your fellow colleagues
Education reimbursement program
A fulfilling opportunity to join one of the top FinTechs and help create a new kind of banking experience
Equitable Bank is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. All candidates considered for hire must successfully pass a criminal background check and credit check to qualify for hire. While we appreciate your interest in applying, an Equitable recruiter will only contact leading candidates whose skills and qualifications closely match the requirements of the position.