Requisition ID: 126121
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
12 Month Co-op/Internship (January 2022
- December 2022)
Why work for Scotiabank?
Scotiabank is among the largest banks in the world and the most international bank in Canada. We are powered by our 97,000 high-performing (and awesome) teammates who make a real difference across the globe as a leading provider of advice, products, digital experiences, and financial services. Together with our Digital Factories around the world, we are dedicated to helping our 25 million customers become better-off.
This is a place where you'll get to learn and develop your skills, while being recognized for your hard work. At Scotiabank, we're passionate about bringing our whole selves to work, allowing us to create inclusive work environments for everyone to enjoy. Say hello to a career at Scotiabank!
Who We Are:
The Community Partnerships team, within Global Communications & Social Impact, manages the philanthropic investments including but not limited to academic institutions, hospital and healthcare institutions and arts related organizations across the Bank's global footprint. We develop the strategy around what these community investments look like and use these partnerships as a platform to support the bank's objectives.
Job Description/Outline of the portfolio :
Our portfolio is vast and involves several different initiatives outlined below:
- Strategically evaluates and assesses Community Partnerships globally to deliver social, employee and business impact in the communities we serve.
- Supports the development of a comprehensive Community Partnerships' portfolio
- Provides insight and research support on the evaluation and assessment of all partnerships
- Collaborates with key Bank stakeholders to identify research projects and initiatives
Stewardship & Engagement
- Support aspects of the Bank's existing community
- Compile unique and compelling stories about the positive social and employee impact
- Manages relationships with internal and external stakeholders to execute end to end delivery of programs
- Collaborates with internal and external partners to develop a communications strategy
- Oversight and activation of the marketing/communications calendar of activity for external and internal audiences
- Assesses the needs of internal departments to ensure that the Bank proactively engages with aligned Community Partners.
- Champions a client focused culture to deepen Community Partnerships collaborations
- Represents Scotiabank and/or prepares executives to represent the Bank at events hosted by affiliated Community Partners
- Provide administrative support by creating and modifying PowerPoint presentations, taking meeting minutes, scheduling meetings and managing all aspects of the gift agreement process including obtaining appropriate signatures, gift receipts and invoices.
- Prepare documentation necessary to secure new funding for philanthropic investments
- Supports putting together the necessary documentation in relation to the Donations Chair and Community Investment Committee
- Manages the gala and membership tracking and fulfillment
- Onboarding and communications/marketing for select partners i.e., announcements, marketing material, impact reporting
- Assists with tracking and management of the Community Partnerships budget and other administrative documentation to process donations
- Create presentation and other administrative documents as needed
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We are looking for a go getter with a positive attitude. We look for candidates that have a strategic mind set and connect the dots, someone who can attend meetings with senior leaders and will go beyond the job description. We are seeking someone who is up for the challenge of a fast pace working environment and has ideally worked in a corporate office/setting before. Double bonus if you can speak Spanish (although not mandatory).
- Be assisting our team in developing the strategy, managing projects, helping to develop power point presentations, doing research on schools or other financial institutions, working with business lines across the bank to track the process of research, assisting with event logistics, managing our internal social media platform, helping us to amplify our story updating our budgets, as well as developing and refreshing our calendar of events as new partnerships develop-
- There is also administrative work involved such as sending out meeting requests, taking meeting notes and tracking funding/event information. HOWEVER, we do look for students who are open and up for the challenge of taking on additional projects that come our way (which happens frequently).
- Curious, insightful, analytical, positive, organized, critical thinkers, well spoken and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- We are looking for a 3rd or 4th year undergrad student or a Masters/ MBA candidate.
YOU HAVE BASIC KNOWLEDGE IN ...
- Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Scotiabank co-op experience is highly desirable
How do I Apply?
For students, we are focused on learning about who you are and what you're interested in to uncover your true potential. In short, we don't believe resumes will provide us with an accurate depiction of what you're truly about to properly assess your potential. Instead we want to get to know YOU and hear about the experiences that have shaped you. We know... this might sound crazy but for students applying to one of our co-ops, internships or TILT new grad programs we are no longer requiring resumes. Instead we ask that as part of your application, you complete the below:
- Complete your PLUM Profile here
- Complete a short one-way video interview here
- Apply to the role through our career site! When the application asks for your resume, instead upload a screenshot of your plum to show us you've completed it, we have full access to your entire profile from Plum and won't use the screenshot but it's a great reminder for each of you to have completed it. Alternatively you can submit a resume if you want, we just will not be relying on it when we assess you.
We thank you all for your interest in Scotiabank! However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to meet your needs.
**In order to be considered for student opportunities at Scotiabank and/or Tangerine, you must submit your PLUM Assessment and Video Interview. **
Application Due: October 21st, 2021
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.