Requisition ID: 88962
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
What your role will be...
Small Business Advisor
- Saskatoon and Rural Communities
A multinational winning team...
Scotiabank is Canada's international bank and a leading financial services provider in North America, Latin America, the Caribbean and Central America, and parts of Asia. We are dedicated to helping our 21 million customers become better off through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management, corporate and investment banking.
What you'll be doing...
Our Advisors are customer-centric and able to connect with people in a relatable way. As an essential member of the Canadian Banking Branch network, the focus is to provide exceptional service throughout the customer's journey by:
- Manage an assigned portfolio of high value and/or complex small business owner relationships to achieve retention and other negotiated goals while meeting Scotiabank's Service Standard
- Creating a strong presence within the local business community by developing relationships with various Centres of Influence
- Proactively engage with new and existing clients to build strong, ongoing relationships and provide comprehensive advice, enabling them to build successful businesses
- Partner with fellow advisors to create a customer centric environment
What you have...
- You possess a results oriented attitude and have sound knowledge of the small business market including the features and benefits of small business products and services, including; an understanding of financial statements, applicable risk management policies and legal and security documentation for small business products
- You demonstrate excellent business development techniques and are conversant with small business legal structures and life cycles, competitor offerings and alternate sources of financing
- You have good organizational skills and are flexible to adapt to a constantly changing environment
- You are a strong relationship builder and communicator; and enjoy meeting people and are proficient at collaborating with others
- You have an education in a business related discipline or equivalent work experience as a small business owner
- Valid driver's license and access to a reliable vehicle
What we're offering...
- The opportunity to join a forward-thinking company with the ability to collaborate with other business lines within the bank
- A rewarding career path with diverse opportunities for professional development
- A competitive compensation and benefits package
- Internal training to support your growth and enhance your skills
- An organization committed to making a difference in our communities- for you and our customers
- Rural locations include: Kinistino, The Pas, Prince Albert, Flin Flon, Nipawin, Spirtiwood, North Battleford, Tisdale, Shellbrook, and Melfort Saskatchewan
As Canada's International Bank, we are a leader when it comes to inclusion. We are a diverse and global team, speaking more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible.
Location(s): Saskatoon // Canada : Manitoba : Flin Flon // Canada : Manitoba : The Pas // Canada : Saskatchewan : Kinistino // Canada : Saskatchewan : Melfort // Canada : Saskatchewan : Nipawin // Canada : Saskatchewan : North Battleford // Canada : Saskatchewan : Prince Albert // Canada : Saskatchewan : Saskatoon // Canada : Saskatchewan : Shellbrook // Canada : Saskatchewan : Spiritwood // Canada : Saskatchewan : Tisdale
How do I apply?
As part of the application process for a Financial Advisor, Senior Financial Advisor, Small Business Advisor and/or Investment & Retirement Planning role within Retail Distribution with Scotiabank, we have partnered with Career Spark, a technology and behavioral science based online assessment company. After submitting your Scotiabank application, you will receive an invitation from our Recruitment Team to complete a 12-15-minute Career Spark survey. Kindly note the survey will be emailed to applicants and you may not receive the Career Spark survey invite immediately.
** Please complete the survey within 24 hours of receiving the invitation. **
The purpose of the survey is to help provide insights about the work you enjoy. There are no right or wrong answers, and nobody will ever see your specific responses to any questions. Upon completion of the survey, you will see a summary report of your top five traits. We hope you find the information useful for your own personal development and growth.
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.