Requisition ID: 125815
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
As a member of the Scotia Wealth Management team the Administrative Assistant is responsible for contributing to the overall success of the Centre by supporting the Client Service lead and or Sr Manager Regional Ops & Service in areas of client services, operations, administration and office management for all business lines while sustaining overall Centre operational efficiency and effectiveness.
Responsibilities also include performing processing functions and ensuring adherence to Bank security procedures and policies to mitigate risk to the Bank.
As a first point of contact, the Administrative Assistant is a highly visible role, responsible for contributing to the overall success of the unit by greeting and directing clients; taking and relaying messages for the unit; responding to and actioning client requests and providing administrative support to other branch team members, while adhering to Bank security and operational procedures and policies. Service is provided in a matter consistent with Scotia Service Standards and complaint resolution Standards.
This role will require you to work in the office at our 40 King Street West office.
1. Meet client needs by:
- Providing High Net Worth Clients with superior service that demonstrates knowledge and respect and exceeds their high level of expectation
- Taking full responsibility and resolving inquiries / concerns / complaints within agreed timeframes to the Client's full satisfaction or by escalating to the appropriated source as set out in the Bank's Complaint Resolution Standards and Procedures.
- Providing a high level of service and support to resolving Client's, Private Banking Team as well as Centre staff with service issues while adhering to policy and procedures
2. Provide support for the delivery of Client Service by:
- Assisting clients with knowledgeable information and setting up of digital electronic Banking
- Processing Bank account deposits for Scotiatrust, Private Investment Council and ScotiaMcLeod
- Ensuring required material in Private Banking Client waiting area is properly maintained and current
- Monitoring and taking action on deficiencies for the entire Centre with systems and premises
- Arranging for offsite storage of file/destruction of obsolete files and records
- Monitoring and ordering office supplies and stationary for the SWM office.
- Preparation of returns/reports as delegated by the Client Service lead and or Sr Manager Regional Ops & Service
3. Contribute to the quality and efficiency of Branch operations as well as compliance with regulatory and internal Bank guidelines by:
- Assisting CSL in ensuring cash, custody, and security procedures and policies are in place and effective
- Setting up employees on Intralink Officer Profile, Salesforce, ScotiaFX along with other required systems as requested by Client Service lead and or Sr Manager Regional Ops & Service
- Assigning TCS position authorities for team members based on the PB reference
- Adhering to position authorities and policies
- Checking / authorizing transactions within approved limits
- Completing daily and periodic Automated Control System (ACS) activities
- Complying with regulatory requirements as part of the service process, including Know Your Client (KYC), Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation (CDIC), Financial Consumer Agency of Canada (FCAC), Anti-Money Laundering/Anti-Terrorist Financing (AML/ATF), Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA), Canada's Anti-Spam Law (CASL), Privacy, Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) and Scotia Securities Inc. (SSI) requirements, processes and guidelines.
- Completing all mandatory courses on me@scotiabank as required
- Immediately reporting/escalating fraudulent activities, unusual occurrences, issues/deficiencies/trends to the Client Service lead and or Sr Manager Regional Ops & Service PB Team Lead and/or Private Banking Head Office as appropriate
- Preparing and participating in meaningful Individual Touch Base meetings with Supervisor on a regular basis
Education / Work Experience
Skills, Knowledge & Behavioural Competencies:
- Superior client service, client focus as well as communication skills are essential to ensure a consistent service experience for clients.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Working knowledge of the Bank's monitoring and compliance requirements including AML/ATF, KYC, FATCA, CASL, CDIC, FCAC and OHS
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Word and Microsoft Office Excel.
- Thorough knowledge of transactional services and related policies and procedures;
- Thorough knowledge of cash, custody and security processes and procedures; Preferred:
- Retail experience preferred
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.