Applications are invited for a Manager, Marketing to be responsible for developing marketing and brand strategies to help Emily Carr University achieve its goals. They lead a broad range of marketing initiatives and execute data-driven campaigns that enhance the university's image, increase brand awareness, drive student enrolment, and promote community engagement.
The Manager supervises and motivates members of ECU's marketing team, oversees external service providers, and provides leadership within the Communications
Permanent Full-Time Excluded Position
8:30am to 4:30pm / Monday to Friday
Grade 10 ($74,954 to $99,399 per annum)
Some Typical Duties:
- Develops, implements and evaluates marketing and brand strategies in support of the university's goals.
- Leads marketing programs and initiatives on behalf of the university, including traditional and digital advertising, sponsorship marketing, content marketing, social media marketing, ecommerce marketing, web analytics and search engine optimization.
- Manages the creation of engaging marketing content, such as videos, webinars, and web content, for use across a variety of platforms.
- Works closely with internal stakeholders, including the Executive Director, Continuing Studies, and the Director, Recruitment, Admissions,
- International Development, in the development of marketing strategies to meet the university's student recruitment and enrolment management goals.
- Conducts primary and secondary research to evaluate and inform marketing strategies, brand image and positioning, user research, and usability. Prepares reports and provides recommendations to the Executive Director
- In collaboration with partners in Academic Affairs, IT Services, Student Services and Continuing Studies, gathers actionable insights on ECU's marketing activities, products and services using data from internal and external systems.
- Researches, plans and implements branding strategies in consultation with the Executive Director and internal stakeholders.
- Ensures that all marketing activities, products and services are inclusive and accessible, align with brand standards, and uphold the public image of the university. Acts as a conscientious champion of ECU's brand identity.
- Partners with the Manager, Communications, IT Services and other internal stakeholders to implement digital solutions for the university website and related digital properties, including improvements to user experience, information architecture, navigation, usability and content management.
- Directs and supervises members of the marketing team. Responsible for the recruitment, training, development, and evaluation of these roles.
- Responsible for the workflow management of the marketing team and related programs and services, ensuring that operations are both efficient and effective.
- Leads, schedules and oversees the work of internal teams and external service providers to ensure projects goals and objectives have been met on time and on budget.
- Works closely with the Manager, Communications to ensure a strong environment of collaboration and cooperation between marketing and communications staff.
- Advises the university community regarding policies, processes, guidelines and best practices related to marketing and brand.
- Collaborates with the Executive Director and the Manager, Communications on the development of the university's overall marketing and communications strategies, including operational plans, annual objectives and key performance indicators.
- Works with the Executive Director to develop policies, procedures and guidelines related to the use of university brand assets, digital channels and other relevant areas.
- Participates as a key contributor to the department's budget planning process. Develops and monitors budget and expenditure plans.
- Assumes the responsibilities of the Executive Director or the Manager, Communications, as directed.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, business or a related field.
- Minimum five years of relevant professional experience, including one year of supervisory experience.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Experience developing and implementing multi-channel marketing strategies for diverse audiences.
- Experience in customer relationship management (CRM), search engine optimization (SEO), search engine marketing (SEM), and web content management systems (CMS).
- Experience working in creative services and digital platform development is an asset.
- Experience working in the post-secondary sector is an asset.
- Knowledge of best practices in marketing, including brand strategy, market research, digital advertising, inbound marketing, content marketing, social media, email marketing, content marketing and web analytics.
- Demonstrated strategic and technical experience planning and managing projects, and the ability to execute marketing campaigns across traditional and digital media.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Proven management and administrative skills, demonstrating ability to schedule, direct and inspire employees.
- Values and demonstrates inclusivity, openness, civility and respect.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build effective relationships with diverse stakeholders.
- Ability to use sound judgment, tact and discretion in dealing with sensitive or confidential issues.
- Strong goal orientation with the ability to achieve outcomes through collaborative methods.
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills.
Emily Carr University especially invites those who have demonstrated a commitment to upholding the values of equity, diversity, and inclusion and will assist us to expand our capacity for diversity in the broadest sense. In addition, to correct the conditions of disadvantage in employment in Canada, we encourage applications from members of groups that have been historically disadvantaged and marginalized. These include women, persons with diverse gender expressions and identities, persons of all sexual orientations, racialized persons, persons with disabilities, and First Nations, Metis, Inuit and Indigenous persons. All qualified people are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents of Canada will be given priority. While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those short-listed will be contacted.
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
Please provide a personal statement on one of the following topics:
1) Describe your experience working towards justice, equity, diversity and inclusion.
2) Describe what an inclusive and equitable workplace means to you.