Janssen Inc is recruiting for an Executive Admin Medical Affairs, located in Toronto, Ontario. This position may require up to 10% travel.
This is a fixed term position for 12 months.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson
for over 125 years. We embrace research and science - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. With $82.1 billion in 2020 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The role of this position is to provide full administrative assistance to the Vice President of Medical Affairs, and the Medical Affairs Leadership Team. This position is also expected to support, coordinate and monitor/track several key activities on behalf of the department (e.g., correspondence, divisional calendars, and meetings). The individual is required to exhibit behaviour that is aligned with Johnson & Johnson's Credo values at all times, while acting with tact and diplomacy, and demonstrating a high degree of appreciation for the importance of confidentiality in all interactions.
This position requires an ability to deal with conflicting priorities and multiple projects in a fast paced environment. One must posess industry knowledge, self-confidence and maturity in making decisions. Responsible for working independently and making decisions regarding prioritizing workload. Must also be collaborative and a team player. Must understand and anticipate the requirements of department members.
Portraying a professional image is mandatory due to the interaction with customers, external stakeholders, and members of the senior management team. A strong work ethic, good judgement, and the ability to take initiative are equally important skills for this position.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITY AREAS/SKILLS
The major responsibilities and skills required to perform this position include:
- Assist VP to achieve departmental business objectives by ensuring department operates smoothly
- Provide telephone support (i.e., answer calls promptly and professionally). Act as VPs representative to handle incoming calls.
- Reviews and sorts paper-based and electronic mail, identifies/takes action required where appropriate
- Payment of invoices, cheque requisitions via eMarketplace. Thorough knowledge of cost centres, accounts payable and financial systems, so payments are made in timely manner
- Manage execution of documents by VP (including contract sign off, invoice payments, etc.) to ensure completion in a timely manner
- Learn all company related software and operating programs (i.e., eMarketplace, Ariba, Iris, etc.)
- Has experience using virtual platforms such as Skype, Zoom and Microsoft Teams
- Understanding and use of procurement system to order products/materials or engage vendors as required. Maintains office supplies inventory.
- Control, track and distribute correspondence from external stakeholders/customers for the department,
- Manage VPs calendar, including coordination of appointments, as well as, extensive rescheduling, keeping VP informed as needed
- Completing expense reports for VP
- Auditing departmental expenses as appropriate, which includes cross-matching receipts
- Format/finalize key external customer PowerPoint presentations for department
- Anticipates travel needs of VP and independently coordinates complex travel arrangements, typically involving multiple changes and destinations based on understanding of VP's availability and obligations. Supports with travel documentation and procedures (itineraries, visa/passport procedures).
- Manage meeting schedule for VP with direct reports and other internal partners as requested
- Minute taking for meetings as required
- Handles routine and non-routine logistics (e.g., Contact meeting participants and coordinates responses, composes meeting materials and follow-up correspondence with input from VP
- Lead the development of Medical Affairs townhall agendas and organize logistics of townhall meetings
- Coordinate and organize meetings with external stakeholders, internal stakeholders and field visits as requested by the VP
- Prepare presentations or other meeting materials as may be required by VP or members of the Medical Affairs Leadership Team
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops
- Set up travel & interview schedules for candidates being considered for positions within the Medical Affairs Team, and liaise with Human Resources, Talent Acquisition and Total Rewards as required
- Additional administrative duties as required
- Develop and share best practices with other administrative assistants in the Medical Affairs team and the broader Janssen organization. Establish and build a team player relationship with peers.
- Assist as back up for other administrative assistants in the department due to vacation, sickness, or excessive workload
- A minimum of a high school diploma is required
- A minimum of 6 years of experience providing administrative support to multiple senior-level leaders (such as directors, vice presidents, executives).
- Expert level proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, OneDrive, Word, Excel and PowerPoint) is required.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, excellent attention to detail and the proven ability to prioritize work against critical deadlines in a dynamic, fast-paced, multicultural, global environment is required.
- Ability to think analytically and to exercise both discretion and sound judgment are required. Must be proactive and possess the ability to plan ahead and drive execution of tasks/projects.
- Ability to learn specialized computer software used for expense reporting, travel reservations, procurement and other applications (such as Concur, Health Care Compliance, International Contract Database, eMarketplace, Salesforce, etc.).
- Prior experience with expense reporting is required.
- Experience coordinating domestic and international travel, including flight, hotel and transportation, is required.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain highly confidential information is required.
- Must be a self-starter with strong interpersonal skills and ability to work independently in the absence of supervisors.
- An ability to work in French is not required, but would be an asset
Canada-Ontario-Toronto-19 Green Belt Drive
Janssen Inc. (7710)