Requisition ID: 124518
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
As a Product Designer you will greatly influence the design decisions in our digital experiences and play a key role in every part of the design process, from research to conception, to UI/UX, to validation. You will own the design process across the customer financial journey and will be a key contributor of an open, collaborative design community.
Is this role right for you? In this role, you will:
- Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems, and knowledge.
- Produces compelling, data-informed designs to illustrate concepts iteratively through sketches, site maps, conceptual diagrams, presentation design, user flows, wireframes, high fidelity mock-ups and prototypes, with a high degree of attention to detail and an eye toward keeping up with and experimenting with new visual design trends.
- Holds the product output to a high standard, envisioning multiple alternative patterns to solve a single design problem, and sweating the details, by asking for feedback and pushing the work until all the details are addressed. synthesizing research outcomes into viable product experiences.
- Provide detailed specifications for software developers, exercising a high level of technical acuity with a thorough understanding of front-end technologies, factoring into the work limitations and constraints, while knowing when to push the boundaries.
- Demonstrates leadership by acting as design owner within your scrum through the conception, build and release of software features. Providing feedback and coaching to other designers at different levels of expertise.
- Understand how the Bank's risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank's Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
- Champions a high-performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed? We'd love to work with you if you have:
- A minimum of 5+ years of experience designing responsive web and/or native mobile software applications.
- Masters or Bachelor's Degree in Human Factors, HCI, Design or related fields (or equivalent work experience).
- Mastery of Figma, Sketch and/or Adobe Creative Suite, along with proficiency in prototyping software (Figma, Adobe XD, etc.)
- Ability to communicate using rapid visual design techniques.
- A demonstrable portfolio of work (professional and personal) which showcases the projects you have worked on and includes examples of your story-telling skills, from low-fidelity sketches through to detailed designs.
- A positive and resilient personality. You must be able to embrace feedback and have a desire for continuous iteration and improvement.
- Comfortable working in a self-guided manner.
- Ability to plot and map a user journey from product discovery through enrollment, down multiple engagement routes and through to journey completion.
What's in it for you?
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity and curiosity and celebrates success
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create meaningful customer experiences
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- We offer a competitive total rewards package, including a performance bonus, company matching programs (on pension & profit sharing), and generous vacation.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.