Come play a key role in building the future of Sports & Media! Everyone wants to be part of a transformational team - and that's exactly what we're building at Rogers Sports & Media. A team that innovates and a team that wins.
At Rogers Sports & Media we are committed to creating and growing teams that are digital-first, fast-moving and bold-thinking and are focused on delivering impact with everything they do. Our impressive collection of assets includes media properties, sports teams, sports events & production, venues, e-commerce platforms and a close connection with our Connected Home and Wireless team. Collectively, we touch the lives of 30 million Canadians every month!
Not only is our business strong, but so is our culture. We genuinely care about each other and working in an environment that allows each of us to bring our best authentic selves to work. That starts with our firm commitment to a diverse, inclusive and safe workplace. We're also dedicated to giving back by using our media megaphone to help Canadians who need it most. Our team is All IN on diversity and inclusion - find out more at www.allinforequity.ca.
As we grow our team, the well-being of our team members remains our top priority. To ensure the health and safety of our team members, including those in the recruitment process, our team members are working from home, and are equipped to do so safely and efficiently.
Are you up for the challenge and the fun? If so, consider the following opportunity!
We're looking to hire a Media Sales Reporting Manager to join the Revenue Planning and Analysis team. As an experienced Manager, you will lead the Sales Reporting team through all functions including: Sales support, quota setting & management, modeling, and developing value-add reporting and analytics to deliver maximum yield and growth across all Rogers Sports & Media Assets.
What you will do:
- Lead collaboration among various divisions and functions within RSM, including but not limited to: Sales, Traffic, Marketing, Research, Finance, and Content teams
- Develop and maintain all sales reporting and analytical requirements
- Manage timelines and planning calendars for all media groups to ensure proactive and strategic decision making
- Champion a system of transparency and collaboration with sales leaders across RMI to ensure all are agreeable and accountable to the revenue strategies and goals
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams to establish and manage Sales Territories and Quotas for all Media Platforms: Sports, TV, Radio, Digital, Out-of-Home, and Client Solutions
- Cross-train and support deliverables cross Revenue Planning and Analysis team, including ad hoc projects and other team priorities
What you will bring:
Experience & Education:
- 8+ years of business experience, ideally with 5+ years in media
- Experience in supporting Sales with Territories and Quota setting, including variable compensation plans
- Post-secondary degree/diploma or equivalent certification in a business-related field
- Intermediate/advanced Excel & Access skills for efficient data manipulation & modeling
- Self-starter who proactively adapts to a changing environment
- Media Industry experience an asset
Builds Strong Relationships:
- Demonstrates a positive attitude and an adaptable and collaborative style; takes actions that respect the needs and contributions of others and works effectively in teams to accomplish organizational goals; embraces change and is open and flexible to new ideas and approaches
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both oral and written), with a strong attention to detail; ability to work effectively in a team environment with peers and superiors across organizational lines
- Strong leadership skills - contributing to high performance teams
- Owns Results:
- Identifies and prioritizes high importance requests both internally and with clients, detail orientation with strong critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills
- Exercises sound judgement and assumes responsibility for decisions, actions, consequences, and results that have an impact on people and/or quality of service; can make decisions with a sense of urgency
- Strong organizational, analytical, and presentation skills.
- Organizes resources and thinks ahead to anticipate future needs and/or potential challenges that may arise; sees the ?big picture' and makes recommendations on creating and implementing new processes; takes a solution-oriented, ?self-starter' approach to all facets of the role
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail - this involves the ability to work quickly and accurately under the pressure of deadlines and changing priorities during certain periods
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: No Selection
Work Location: 1 Mount Pleasant (083), Toronto, ON
Travel Requirements: None
Posting Category/Function: Finance & Accounting & Business Planning
Requisition ID: 249349
Posting Notes: Rogers Sports & Media