Sales Development Representatives (SDRs) are the first touchpoints of Crimson Education for prospective students and families. SDRs will be required to share more about Crimson, qualify the leads, and schedule them for consults with the sales associates if qualified.
The purpose of this role is to assist the Sales Associates in qualifying potential sales leads in the early stages of a sales cycle. The SDR is responsible for creating an impressive and positive first impression for leads after identifying and creating new qualified sales opportunities. The SDR will become a trusted resource and develop relationships with prospects, acting as the initial point of contact. Approaching emails, calls, and texts with a positive attitude, can-do attitude, and willingness to serve is essential.
This is a full-time role based remotely in the United States or Canada.
What this role is responsible for:
- Build and maintain strong and productive relationships with potential students and guardians and serve as a positive, supportive, and high-energy first point of contact
- Take and share detailed notes to share with the larger sales team that will offer background, context, and tips on how to move forward in the sales process that best suits the lead
- Consistently brainstorm and craft new, efficient, and effective ways to reach and engage families
- Work collaboratively with team members across the company (and world!) to foster a dynamic and efficient SDR community
- Optimize the student experience, leveraging data to drive improvements across the sales team
- Create a customer-centric and polished first impression with prospects and customers
- Respond promptly to all new business opportunities from inbound and marketing-generated leads
- Monitor and respond to email, sales queue, and phone for sales inquiries
- Meet target quota related to number of qualified opportunities, meetings set, and closed business as well as assisting with online self serve purchases.
- Accurately capture, report, track, and manage required qualification data and lead statuses into Salesforce
- Provide prompt and regular feedback to marketing on lead quality and trends systematically via data entry and anecdotally in weekly marketing meetings
- Be an active contributor in a great team environment with a fun and energetic atmosphere
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills (written and verbal)
- Outstanding time management skills
- Self-starter with lots of initiative
- High energy team player
- Demonstrated experience with CRM tool(s)
- Experience using Salesforce a plus
- The ability to pick up new technology quickly and with ease
- Fluent in English
Bonus to have:
- Speaks a second language fluently
- Experience with Salesforce
- Knowledge of the US, UK, and/or EU university admissions application process
- Experience working and/or studying in an international, multicultural environment
- 2+ years sales and/or customer service experience with a desire to exceed the target
- Willingness to be coached and able to take feedback constructively
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university
- Passion for developing a career in sales or marketing
What success looks like:
- Booking in consults with prospective, qualified families and the sales team
- Meeting monthly consult and sales targets
- Jumping in with company webinar and brand awareness events
- Punctual and timely communication with team members
Crimson Education was founded in 2013 with the idea that through personalized education, we can transform students into the world leaders of tomorrow. Since then, we have rapidly grown a mission-driven team that is dedicated to building the education system for the 22nd century. Our network includes 2,400 tutors and consultants worldwide who work with over 20,000 students.
Our tech platform connects tutors and mentors to high school students aiming to achieve admission and scholarships to top universities in the US, Canada, UK, and beyond. We work with and support ambitious students that are willing to work hard to stand out in the admissions process.
Why work for Crimson?
- Opportunity for advancement
- Remote, flexible working lifestyle
- Paid time off
- A small and close-knit team while working together with team members across borders, around the world!
If you're passionate about education and people and looking for a fast-paced, collaborative environment, and want to work with cutting-edge technology then we'd love to hear from you!
Please keep an eye on your spam/junk email folder for correspondence from Breezy HR.