The HR Manager provides a comprehensive range of HR support to a combination of smaller locations, large offices, and/or a line of business (LOB). This position is responsible for making effective recommendations and executing high-quality, impactful solutions through partnering with leaders in the locations, LOB, members of the regional HR team and National HR.
REIMAGINING FLEXBILITY - RSM's goal is to offer flexibility in when, where and how you work to help you manage your unique professional and personal priorities while still delivering excellent RSM experiences for your clients, colleagues and communities. As such, this role is open to locations in close proximity to one of our many offices in Canada.
- Project Management responsibilities for core HR processes including but not limited to performance management, talent management, talent acquisition, learning and professional development, and employee/partner engagement.
- Plans and manages complex (regional and cross-regional) human resources projects involving stakeholders outside of HR. Defines project objectives, creates project plan, assigns resources (budget and people), executes, negotiates and meets deadlines, and measures and evaluates results.
- Independently coaches leaders for positions up to and including director. Creates plans for career growth, industry experience, leadership opportunities, etc.
- Interprets and executes against the workforce plan by partnering with LOB and/or local leaders
- Identifies and develops talent management plans at a local level (e.g. location, small service line, geography) ensuring alignment with national strategy
- Coaches and advises employees and leaders on performance and interpersonal issues.
- Drafts and delivers complex employee counseling reports (ECR) with guidance and coaching from regional
- HR leader or national employee relations.
- Oversees moderately complex investigations
- Conducts employee terminations with approval from regional HR leader, business leader and/or national employee relations.
Performance Management/Salary Administration
- Determine schedules based upon analysis of reports (TaRS, TAG), makes recommendations based on findings
- Manages leveling/NWT/roundtable meetings including bell curve and promotion recommendations, shares knowledge/insights and ensures accuracy of data
- May participate in talent review meetings
- Educates and advises local leadership on compensation objectives, bonus programs, and applicable regulations.
Local Training Delivery
- May be responsible for all aspects of pathways, intern, and entry-level hiring process for assigned campus(es). Including on-campus event planning and management, candidate interview coordination, and candidate care and communication throughout recruitment process.
- May compile campus recruiting results to aid key stakeholders in identifying areas for process and performance improvement.
Mentoring/Career Advisor Responsibilities
- Serves as a career advisor and provides effective leadership to employees and/or teams through:
- Communicating performance expectations & providing feedback on performance, recognition, coaching, creating career growth opportunities and employee development plans.
- May informally mentor other HR team members
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor degree in Human Resources or related field required
- PHR/SPHR preferred
- Proficient in all aspects of Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook) required
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal required
- Basic business acumen and understanding of industry and partnership model required
- Demonstrated ability to identify patterns of complex patterns of risk & liability, challenges and resolves issues, makes effective recommendation on course of action, and understands when to escalate complex issues required
- Demonstrates current working knowledge of federal, state, local regulations/laws and firm policies required
- Understands compensation materials and principles required
- Effective organization and time management skills and ability to manage multiple tasks required
- Strong attention to detail required
- Ability to respond positively to changing circumstances, seek and implement change to drive business improvement; serve as a change agent required
- Operates with a sense of urgency required
- 5-8 years' experience working as a Generalist within a Human Resources department or related experience required
- Demonstrated ability to be an effective team member by willingly accepting assignments, completing assignments within agreed upon timelines and willingly assisting co-workers required.
- Ability to supervise, direct, and review the results of projects or assignments required
- Ability to attract, lead, motivate, and retain a team required
- Ability to support, affect, and implement change required
- Ability to impact and influence a diverse population required
- Ability to diffuse hostile situations and manage conflict appropriately required
- Sets highest personal standard for driving quality in all areas of HR services required
- Operate consistently in a manner that supports the ?One RSM? culture and values required
- Ability to drive collaboration and communication between teams required
Experience RSM. Experience the power of being understood.
RSM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.