Job title :MEDICAL ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
Facility :VERNON JUBILEE HOSPITAL
Status :PERMANENT PART TIME (0.40 FTE)
Interior Health is hiring a permanent part time (0.40 FTE) Medical Administrative Assistant (MAA) to join our Medical & Quality Administration team at the Vernon Jubilee Hospital in B.C.
What will you work on?
Under the direction and supervision of the Coordinator, Medical Administration, the Medical Administrative Assistant works in a team environment to provide confidential administrative support functions within the Chief of Staff office. The Medical Administrative Assistant maintains the integrity and confidentiality of all information flowing through and processed for the Chief of Staff (COS) office and performs routine administrative duties for the medical staff at the hospital. Responsibilities include coordinating and organizing workflow; determining priorities; composing confidential correspondence for signature; and designing and creating correspondence, documents, presentations, orientation packages, and spreadsheets.
Regional and/or Site Chief of Staff Administrative Assistant Support
- Organizes schedules, books meetings, and arranges travel.
- Prepares, monitors, and prioritizes correspondence.
- Committee/Meeting support - takes care of the logistics and prepares agendas and minutes.
- Maintains Quality Assurance files (disciplinary documentation) and liaises with the appropriate bodies as necessary.
- Assists the COS, Department Heads, and Quality Improvement team with document coordination resulting from critical incident reviews.
Medical Staff Support
- Provides administrative support for the Local and/or Regional Medical Advisory Committees (MAC), departmental meetings, and semi-annual medical staff meetings.
- Coordinates information flowing to and from the Regional and Local MACs to the Health Authority Medical Advisory Committee and the Interior Health (IH) Board of Directors.
- Assists medical staff with the location of policies, procedures, documents, and forms.
- Disseminates information to medical staff from various stakeholders.
- Liaises with the Patient Care Quality Office and the Executive Medical Director's office regarding physician complaints.Maintains the physician mailroom.
- Maintains and distributes various medical staff lists.Makes necessary changes and access arrangements (i.e. computer access, hospital access, admitting privileges, and photo id) for medical staff.
- Arranges on-site orientation for medical staff.
- Provides information on request to support the credentialing and privileging processes on-site.
- Assists the Chief of Staff with ensuring appropriate processes have been followed for new physicians, locums, and medical learners providing services at the facility.
- Liaises with physicians, Physician Compensation, the Executive Medical Director's office, and the Ministry of Health regarding various rural programs and incentives (e.g., Rural Specialist Locum Program, Rural GP Locum Program, Rural Continuing Medical Education, NITAOP [Northern Isolation Travel Assistance Outreach Program] and other ministry-funded rural physician payment incentives) as applicable and required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
How will we help you grow?
We provide you with an orientation customized to meet your needs, and immediate support and access from excellent colleagues. You will have access to work in an interdisciplinary environment where patients are at the centre of care. We also offer continuous education opportunities.
Reasons to Apply at Interior Health... What we can do for you
We offer a work environment conducive to growth and development of strong clinical skills. The opportunity to have a balanced lifestyle that allows you to maintain the quality of life you desire.
For a challenging, growth-oriented career in a beautiful natural setting where balanced lifestyle choices abound, come to Interior Health and join our quest to set new standards of excellence in the delivery of health services in the Province of B.C.
Come live, work and play where others only vacation. Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
**Note: Any position that is required to enter a LTC/AL/MH facility to provide services, the successful candidate of that position will be subject to the PHO Order regarding mandatory vaccination.
Education, Training, and Experience:
- Graduation from a relevant administrative or business support program.
- Three to five years of experience in an administrative support position, including experience working with various computer software programs.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to type 50 wpm and set up letters, reports, etc. in a professional format.
- Superior computer and technical skills are essential.
- Proficient with computer software including MS Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to operate videoconferencing, teleconferencing, and related equipment.
- Superior written and verbally communication abilities.
- Ability to organize high volume workload and set priorities.
- Demonstrated customer-focused approach.
- Ability to develop effective relationships with IH staff at all levels, as well as with external agencies and physicians.
- Demonstrated collaborative team approach with communication skills appropriate to handling complex relationships.
- Ability to anticipate and respond to changing priorities and unforeseen challenges and opportunities.
- Demonstrated ability to problem-solve effectively.
- Ability to influence change and handle conflict.
- Independent problem-solving and decision-making capabilities.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
**Cover letter is required.