Job Type: Permanent
Hours of work: 35 hours / WK
Salary Range: $63,372.00 - 79,926.00/year
Posting Date: October 12, 2021
Closing Date: November 9, 2021
Exhibition Place is Canada's largest entertainment venue, attracting over 5.5 million visitors a year. The 192-acre site is an integral component of Toronto and Ontario's economy, particularly with respect to conventions, sport, festivals, recreation, culture, and tourism. Located at Exhibition Place is the award-winning Enercare Centre, Canada's largest exhibition and convention centre which is now LEED Platinum certified, and Beanfield Centre conference venue which is LEED Silver certified. Since 2004, Exhibition Place has undertaken an environmental stewardship initiative, entitled GREENSmart; which includes the promotion of sustainable development, environmental initiatives, and leading edge green technologies and practices across the site. Our environmental initiatives have resulted in award-winning recognition across North America, such as the Platinum Waste Minimization Award from the Recycling Council of Canada, and have established Exhibition Place as a world leader in energy-efficient technologies.
Our compensation package offers a competitive salary and pay-for-performance incentives. In addition, our total rewards program includes participation in OMERS - defined benifit pension plan, 100% employer paid health & dental plan, long term & short-term disability coverage, professional development opportunities, and tuition reimbursement.
Exhibition Place has adopted a vaccination policy, as a condition of employment all new hires are required to be fully vaccinated and provide proof of vaccination confirmation prior to commencing employment.
The Event and Meeting Coordinator reports to the Events Services Manager and is responsible for overseeing all activities related to events within the buildings and on the grounds at Exhibition Place.
- Primary client contact throughout events from the planning stages to on site event execution.
- Provide services and event planning advice for organizers of events at Exhibition Place.
- Prepare initial estimates and/or quotations for services and review with Senior Meeting Coordinator and / or the Event Services Manager for approval. Once approved obtain authorization from clients and review and track all additional services/charges for assigned events.
- Liaise with multi-disciplinary delivery teams, and on an as needed basis, provide guidance and supervision to staff in the delivery of all services to clients.
- Market rental items, equipment, and services available through Exhibition Place or our partners.
- Prepare information related to client billings and clarify billing matters with the Finance department.
- Review client billings with Senior Meeting Coordinator and / or Event Services Manager before presenting same to show management.
- Coordinate receipt of necessary documents (event service orders, floor plans, building permits, insurance, rules and regulations, etc.) for initial review and approval.
- Conduct on-site inspections/tours of contracted space with Exhibition Place clients.
- Liaise with clients to ensure compliance of fire and building codes, and venue regulations.
- Prepare pre/post event facility inspection reports, assess damage, and prepare reports and estimates for billing and/or insurance purposes.
- In conjunction with authorities, act in the capacity of duty manager and make event related decisions such as evacuation, delay of gate opening, fire safety etc.
- Manage occupancy of facilities from move-in to move-out to ensure compliance with agreements and other terms and conditions governing the building occupation.
- Obtain information and/or documentation on incidents and vandalism for insurance claims.
- Prepare detailed event information documents for internal distribution.
- Prepare post show/event analysis for future planning purposes.
- Assist in covering off shifts for larger scaled building and grounds events.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Experience utilizing customer, facility, or project management software (eg; Ungerboeck EBMS, Salesforce, etc). Working knowledge of facility management software is an asset.
2. Demonstrated knowledge and ability to interpret collective agreements, and applicable codes, standards, guidelines and government legislation specifically the Occupational Health & Safety Act, Ontario Fire Code, Ontario Building Code, and Workplace Hazardous Material Information System.
1. Certificate or post-secondary credential in Facility or Event Management, another discipline pertinent to the job function, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
2. Experience dealing with management of events or complex projects.
3. Experience in directing staff in an event or entertainment environment.
4. Experience managing a diverse portfolio of client portfolios simultaneously.
5. High Proficiency utilizing modern software packages (eg; Microsoft Office Suite, PDF Editors)
6. Possess a valid full G Class Ontario driver's license in good standing.
7. Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written at all organizational levels.
8. Proven skills building healthy relationships with clients and internal stakeholders.
9. Ability to work days, evenings and weekends including holidays, as required to support operational requirements. Our client portfolio utilizes our buildings on a year round basis
All Exhibition Place employees are required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of hire in accordance with the Exhibition Place Vaccination Policy.
Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion:
Exhibition Place is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment where all employees and members of the public feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the public and the communities in which we live and serve.
Exhibition Place is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive organization. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require Code-protected accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs. Disability-related accommodation during the application process is available upon request.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this opportunity. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.