Requisition ID: 118682
Tangerine is Canada's leading direct bank. We offer flexible and accessible banking options, innovative products, and award-winning Client service. The reason why Tangerine employees come to work each day is to help Canadians live better lives. We focus on making a difference in our communities, and that includes our own internal community. It's important to us that our employees feel empowered and enthusiastic about belonging to our Orange culture.
Tangerine is looking for a passionate product owner to lead, organize and motivate a cross-functional team to co-create and execute client communication initiatives, including proof of concept testing of new communication channels, that activate, engage and delight clients.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Client Communications & Innovation, you will act as a bridge between various marketing partners and our delivery and development team to evolve and deliver on the vision and strategy for our brand and client engagement building communications. Day to day you'll work with an agile team in close collaboration with developers, QA engineers and other experts to deliver actionable backlog deliverables and follow them through to completion to deliver high-quality client interactions.
This is a rewarding, creative and challenging role, which demands initiative, resourcefulness and good problem-solving skills.
- Develop the vision and roadmap for owned areas, as well and create and maintain a detailed product backlog
- Play a leadership role in the delivery team you are leading to ensure that high quality and creative solutions are implemented for challenging problems
- Engage and partner with key stakeholders to support common understanding and PO vision across the organization
- Develop and maintain a close relationship with the business and key stakeholders
- Stay abreast of industry trends and innovations in client communications and engagement
- Facilitate creative problem solving and turning ambiguity into clarity in a fast-paced environment
- Lead cross-functional teams to conceptualize, define and implement new features
- Author, refine and approve backlog items, with clearly articulated ?definitions of done?
- Prioritize user stories to best achieve business goals, ensuring sufficient depth of groomed items for development consumption and commitment
- Ensure user stories are clearly defined and the team understands the scope and expectation of work
- Ensure that the delivery team's product backlog is visible, transparent, clear to all, and prioritized to drive meaningful outcomes
- Facilitates all standard Scrum ceremonies for the team including Daily Scrums.
- Identifies, manages and resolves Risks, Issues and Team Impediments.
- Responsible for understanding and complying with the Regulatory Compliance Framework including the Anti-Money Laundering/Anti-Terrorist Financing and Sanctions Policy and all AML related policies, procedures and controls within the department.
- Understand how the Bank's risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Creates an environment in which his/her team pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank's Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
- Builds a high performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment and using a coaching mindset and behaviours; communicating vison/values/business strategy; and, managing succession and development planning for the team.
- University or College degree
- 3-5 years of related experience in digital product management or technical solutions
- Experience with Project delivery and leading cross functional teams
- Exposure to leading and influencing stakeholders
- Exposure to agile scrum teams and experience with common Agile practices (Scrum, Kanban, Story Mapping)
- Recognized Scrum Master certification & experience is highly desirable
- Exceptional working and practical knowledge of delivery frameworks for effective workflow visualization and management (Jira, Confluence, Kanban, Scrum Boards, etc)
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve and push solutions
The Product Owner - Marketing Communications & Innovation, will be working in a traditional office environment and may be subject to special working conditions as needed by the business. Special working conditions may cover a range of circumstances from regular evening and weekend work, overtime, shift work, working outdoors and/or working with challenging clients.
Tangerine will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental disabilities of an otherwise qualified employee or applicant for employment, unless undue hardship to Tangerine would result. Any applicant or employee who requires accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of a job should contact Human Resources or his or her supervisor.
All members of the Tangerine Team are responsible for managing risk and compliance within their departments. As such, employees should maintain and demonstrate the highest standards of integrity and ethical conduct in accordance with Tangerine policies, guidelines and directions.
MANAGEMENT COMPLIANCE ACCOUNTABILITIES:
All managers and above at Tangerine are responsible for understanding and complying with the Regulatory Compliance Framework including the Anti-Money Laundering/Anti-Terrorist Financing and Sanctions Policy and all AML related policies, procedures and controls within the department.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
At Tangerine we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the team, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know.