Redpath Sugar is located on Toronto's historic downtown waterfront and has been a part of Canada's heritage for more than 160 years. Our brand is the oldest food-related trademark in Canada and is recognized across the country. Redpath Sugar is part of ASR Group, the largest cane sugar refiner in the world.
The Brand Marketing Specialist will be responsible for assisting with the implementation of strategies and tactics to build strong brands equities & accelerate market share growth.
DETAILED ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Aids in the development of brand strategy & marketing plans
- Assists on new product launches @ Grocery or ecommerce channel (communication development, sales materials, trade presentations, internal communication to employees across the organization)
- t Contributes on communication development for all media, social and digital platforms - new project brief development
- Assist on media plans aligned to all end user experience KPI's
- Executes on the packaging re-design working in collaboration with different departments (NPD, regulatory, legal, supply chain, purchasing)
- Creates purchase requisitions for brands efforts and keep brands budget monthly tracker
- Works with internal digital group on social content development, email marketing, SEM executions and website enhancement
- In charge of recipe content development (internally as well as from influencers) - assessing with internal digital group and the corporate chef the propose recipes, visual assets, deliverables and post results
- Understands end consumers of each brand at the deepest level in order to provide the right feedback behind each tactical executions with agencies or internal digital group
- Works with internal digital group to establish KPI's for each tactic execution and monitor on a monthly basis to share with the broader team
- Ensures that all communication across all business units, including media and social channels supports brand identity and that is aligned with brand positioning & guidelines
- Works with available resources to analyze syndicated IRI information to monitor brand and retailer's performance, category trends and competition
- Gathers and shares the available insights from current resources: Mindsview, SBU, Mintel, among others
- Analyzes digital/social campaigns results - tracking and assessing trends, performance, audience behavior and market opportunities
- Conducts market intelligence - be the expert on the competition within and outside sugar category
- Works with sales in shopper marketing initiatives (FSI for new products, Checkout 51, POP Material, Amazon, Instacart)
- Maximizes brands partnerships to expand brands exposure by providing them support and tools to reach a broader audience (HBA, Icing Smiles, Co-Branding Partners)
- Consolidates initiatives in calendar and map out all executions across all media, social and partner's platforms including but not limited to packaging, SBU, NPDI projects
- Works closely with Brand Marketing Manager to oversee day-to-day activities at the brand level
- Uploads, maintains, organizes brands assets in Bynder digial platform
ESSENTIAL CAPABILITIES (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES)
- Passionate individual, relentless with building brands
- Strategic and analytical
- Strong interpersonal & effective communication skills
- Experience with Microsoft (Outlook, Power Point, Excel & Words)
- Experience with Social Media Platforms
- Ability to work with multiple projects and priorities
- Creative approach to problem solving
- Energy - High positive energy to take on continuous business challenges in a fast-paced environment. Persistence to drive to solutions despite obstacles and/or competing priorities.
- Ethics & Integrity - Unquestioned high degree of personal integrity in all business dealings.
- Execution - Attentive to detail and demonstrated ability to deliver on accountabilities in order to help the business and the team be successful.
ESSENTIAL WORK EXPERIENCES
- 2 -3 yrs. experience in Marketing
ESSENTIAL EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor in Business Administration required (major in Marketing preferred)
For more than 100 years, our employees have taken pride in ?Making Life a Little Sweeter? by providing our customers and consumers with quality service and sugar products. Our commitment to that principle drives us in all that we do and encourages us to uphold our company's high ethical standards of business conduct to ensure our continued success