You want to work for a fast-paced company that thinks big and dreams huge. You are driven, view work as more than just a job, and are never satisfied with a project left half-done. You have a strong sense of personal ownership and responsibility for completion of objectives on time. You want to figure out why things tick which makes you tick but very little ticks you off. You want to think outside of the box and continually challenge your own limits, as well as those around you. You have a mad scientist mentality where you want to be part of the robots building robots revolution.
Attabotics is the world's first 3D robotics supply chain system for modern commerce. Inspired by the framework of ant colonies, Attabotics replaces the rows and aisles of traditional fulfillment centers with a patented storage structure and robotics shuttles that utilize both horizontal and vertical space, reducing a company's warehouse needs by 85%. By empowering retailers to place fulfillment centers near high-density urban areas, Attabotics helps create jobs and decrease carbon emissions by closing the last-mile delivery gap. A TIME Magazine Most Innovative Company special mention, CNBC Disruptor, and one of Fast Company's world's 50 most innovative companies. Attabotics has been adopted by major brands including luxury department store Nordstrom, and other retailers across apparel, grocery, food & beverage, and home goods. Attabotics is based in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, with fulfillment centers across the United States and Canada.
The Technical Writer is responsible for creating internal and external (customer) technical documents and manuals as well as other materials, information, and presentations. This role can be supported remotely.
Who you are
- 5+ years of experience creating internal and external (customer) technical documents, manuals, and other publications for a hardware/software development organization
- 2+ years of experience working with MadCap Flare (ideally, creating and maintaining web and PDF outputs)
- Strong ability to explain complex technical information in a clear and concise manner - while working with engineering, product, and software teams to ensure document accuracy
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in HTML and CSS
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to write in explanatory and procedural styles for multiple audiences
- Skilled at prioritization and multi-tasking
- Applicable Degree preferred
- Experience producing training videos would be an asset
What we need
- Plan, develop, organize, write and edit operational procedures, product specifications/manuals, presentations, etc.
- Interact extensively with multiple departments and disciplines
- Research, develop and document technical design specifications and test procedures
- Produce electronic documentation in addition to hard copy manuals
- Maintain a comprehensive library of technical terminology and documentation
- Analyze documents to maintain consistency of style and content
- Manage updates and revisions to technical literature
If this description describes you perfectly and the work environment you know you can thrive in, send us your resume as well as describe to us what you're passionate about and we may just reach out to you.
Attabotics is committed to employing the best people to do the best job possible within our environment. We hire based on merit and are strongly committed to cultivating diversity as a source of excellence. Attabotics firmly believes that a vast array of perspectives produces and promotes innovation and business success. Our corporate diversity encompasses differences in ethnicity, gender identity or expression, language, age, sexual orientation, religion, socio-economic status, physical and mental ability and education.
Attabotics promotes a corporate safety culture where employees' health, safety & well being is number one and with the ultimate goal of establishing a zero incident work environment.