Commitment: October 11th 2021 - December 3rd
, 2021 8 weeks (with possibility of extension)
Hours of Work: 35 hours/week up to 420hrs (co-op work term)
Working Conditions: On-site
- 10.2% in lieu of statutory holidays and vacation
As this internship will be funding dependent, applicants will need to be
Canadian Citizens or Permanent Residents?
This position is responsible for managing Chimo's official social media accounts and performing ad-hoc
marketing projects. The Digital Marketing Intern will help build awareness of the organization and engage
with potential clients, donors, funders, and community partners. This position is contingent on grant
funding so applicants must be eligible post-secondary students.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create regular, brand-aligned content and build a social media calendar.
- Engage with Chimo's followers via social media accounts (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter) and Hootsuite.
- Continue to work with Web Developer and see the project through to completion.
- Perform other ad-hoc marketing projects. Report and Support
The Digital Marketing Intern will report to the Executive Director. They will be supported with orientation
and training in social media management and brand guidelines.
For grant purposes, applicants must be:
- Enrolled in a public post-secondary institution in a STEM program (science, technology, engineering, mathematics) in business, the arts, the humanities, and social sciences for the
duration of your placement.
- A Canadian citizen, permanent resident or protected person under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act
- Legally entitled to work in Canada, including under the laws and regulations of the province concerned.
Other skills required:
- Demonstrated Content creation skills (Adobe Creative Suite, Canva, Hootsuite)
- Demonstrated Social media expertise.
- Ability to meet deadlines and provide reporting.
- Ability to work independently.
- Video creation and editing an asset.