Gamesys is a Bally's Corporation company and forms part of one of the world's leading entertainment providers, with tens of millions of players and thousands of employees across the globe.
Take a look at our Gamesys brands & sites - including Virgin, Jackpotjoy, Monopoly, Heart and Vera&John - they're some of the best known in the industry. Join us and you'll be joining a big, international group with some great brands and an exciting future. You'll feel part of one global family, working with smart people, and delivering a great experience for our players. There's one thing we expect from you, over and above everything else. Be yourself.
Gamesys plans to expand into new markets across North America. We are building a new technology team in Toronto to accelerate the development of Gamesys's internal Excite gaming platform, which will drive our growth across the USA and Canada.
Working as part of a cross-functional team following agile practices to deliver iOS apps to support Gamesys' growth. You will be encouraged to form strong relationships with your team and with other teams in the client area which includes web app development. You will be expected to follow best software practices including testing, test automation, code reviews, and refactoring as well as coaching and guiding junior members of the team.
You will be expected to and be able to evaluate upcoming new technologies and iOS SDK improvements: determine if and how they affect our apps, investigate what opportunities they present, with practical prototypes with the assistance of Gamesys Design and UX experts. An enthusiasm for learning new skills and helping us to improve working practices is highly desirable.
- Deliver and maintain new and existing iOS Apps using Swift and UIKit/SwiftUI.
- Help the team define development best practices and provide coaching for Junior developers.
- Help the team understand why we should use certain patterns and tools rather than just how.
- Ensure that impediments of any kind are escalated, and pragmatic long-term solutions pursued.
- Delivery of high quality well tested software that meets agreed requirements.
- Collaborate with other iOS developers, testers, and other teams working on front-end/back-end tasks.
- Support and promote Agile practices/SCRUM.
- In depth Swift experience, strong SwiftUI and Combine experience would be highly beneficial
- Working experience with Continuous Integration/ Automated Delivery pipelines (e.g.:
- Knowledge of distributed version control systems (Git/GitHub preferred).
- Experience writing unit and integration tests and adopting TDD practices.
- Experience with JSON, XML, REST, and interfacing iOS applications to server-side APIs.
- Fluency in material design and SOLID principles: experience implementing Figma based design systems would be beneficial.
- Able to work in medium to large teams.
- Experience in integrating advanced animation systems to speed up collaboration with Design (e.g.: Airbnb's Lottie).
- Experience in integrating and testing behavioural and acquisition tracking SDKs in a privacy sensitive / post App Tracking Transparency world is highly desirable.
- Solid understanding of Objective-C, how to best bridge Swift and Objective-C, and how to take advantage of the Obj-C runtime are desirable.
The above duties should give an overall picture of the employee's day to day responsibilities but should in no way be deemed to be an exhaustive list, additional, related, duties may be assigned by the manager in line with business exigencies and continuity.
We believe this process works both ways, so what can we do for you?
We offer some of the most competitive benefits in the market including continued personal growth, career development plans and performance bonus. We also believe in providing an environment where employees can flourish - you'll be working in a very modern work environment - and we will make sure you will also have enough time to unwind with our monthly office events and team-building activities.
This is Gamesys Group and we're here to make gaming everything it should be. You'll have fun making fun every day, and that's a promise.