Make an impact at a global and dynamic investment organization
When you invest your career in CPP Investments, you join one of the most respected and fastest growing institutional investors in the world. With current assets under management valued in excess of $500 billion, CPP Investments is a professional investment management organization that globally invests the funds of the Canada Pension Plan (CPP) to help ensure long-term sustainability. The CPP Fund is projected to reach $3 trillion by 2050. CPP Investments invests in all major asset classes, including public equity, private equity, real estate, infrastructure and fixed-income instruments, and is headquartered in Toronto with offices in Hong Kong, London, Luxembourg, Mumbai, New York City, San Francisco, São Paulo and Sydney.
CPP Investments attracts and selects high-calibre individuals from top-tier institutions around the globe. Join our team and look forward to:
- Diverse and inspiring colleagues and approachable leaders
- Stimulating work in a fast-paced, intellectually challenging environment
- Accelerated exposure and responsibility
- Global career development opportunities
- Being motivated every day by CPP Investments' important social purpose and unshakable principles
- A deeply rooted culture of Integrity, Partnership and High Performance
If you share a passion for performance, value a collegial and collaborative culture, and approach everything with the highest integrity, here's an opportunity for you to invest your career at CPP Investments.
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for partnering with the Executive Assistant to support the President and CEO. Alongside the Executive Assistant, you will monitor and successfully deliver against business and department objectives, manage administration, expenses, compliance, calendar, travel, events, correspondence and presentation activities and show a keen interest and general knowledge of institutional investing.
- Has deep experience and knowledge of the administrative function. Anticipates administrative needs of the department and contributes to improving administrative structure, processes and procedures, as required.
- Able to prioritize and/or make a broader range of decisions of increasing impact on behalf of the President and CEO.
- Proactively manages a complex calendar, including scheduling internal and external meetings, calls, appointments and travel.
- Supports the President and CEO in managing all meetings (ensures preparation for any carry forward action items) and in documenting and following up on resulting action items, as appropriate.
- Books and manages complex global travel arrangements, itineraries or other related duties.
- Works closely with external partners, assistants, vendors and other stakeholders to schedule meetings or events in various countries and cities around the world.
- Reconciles credit card expenses and inputs into the Global Expense Reporting System. Performs expense reporting, as required.
- Coordinates, arranges and oversees event planning process, as required.
- Work closely with other executive assistants and teams to increase efficiencies and provide overall departmental support.
- Be a CPP Investments ambassador by playing a key role in representing the investment business internally and externally. Conduct work in professional, friendly, easily accessible and approachable manner.
- Handle highly sensitive and confidential matters relating to the daily activity of the department and/or organization.
- College diploma or undergraduate degree is required.
- Minimum 5 years administrative support experience, in a fast-paced and high visibility organization.
- Proactive, self-starter who takes initiative, owns projects and meets deadlines aligned with business objectives.
- Exceptional (written and verbal) communication skills and interpersonal skills. Develops lasting, positive and value-adding relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain full confidence and earn the trust and respect of stakeholders while displaying the utmost integrity and discretion.
- Experience with complex calendar management, booking high profile meetings, events, scheduling travel and managing expense reimbursement process.
- Proven attention to accuracy and detail, highly organized with the ability to prioritize and multi-task under pressure and with time-sensitive deadlines.
- Technologically savvy and highly proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and other applications, as required.
- Experience in the investment banking, consulting or financial services industries would be an asset.
- Available to work irregular/flexible hours with a work-load that fluctuates based on the organization's priorities and time-frames.
Visit our LinkedIn Career Page or Follow us on LinkedIn. #LI-NK1
At CPP Investments, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
We thank all applicants for their interest but will only contact candidates selected to advance in the hiring process.
Our Commitment to Inclusion and Diversity:
In addition to being dedicated to building a workforce that reflects diverse talent, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible experience. If you require an accommodation for any part of the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms, etc.), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
CPP Investments does not accept resumes from employment placement agencies, head-hunters or recruitment suppliers that are not in a formal contractual arrangement with us. Our recruitment supplier arrangements are restricted to specific hiring needs and do not include this or other web-site job postings. Any resume or other information received from a supplier not approved by CPP Investments to provide resumes to this posting or web-site will be considered unsolicited and will not be considered. CPP Investments will not pay any referral, placement or other fee for the supply of such unsolicited resumes or information.
Mandatory Vaccine Policy
Effective November 1, 2021, all employees in the Toronto, New York and San Francisco offices will be required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Accommodations to this policy will be made for medical or other protected grounds. Please contact us to discuss any accommodation needs.