Requisition ID: 104680
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Why work for Scotiabank?
Scotiabank is among the largest banks in the world and the most international bank in Canada. We are powered by our 90,000 high-performing teammates who make a real difference across the globe as a leading provider of advice, products, digital experiences, and financial services. Together, we are dedicated to helping our 25 million customers become better-off.
This is a place where you'll get to learn and develop your skills, while being recognized for your hard work. At Scotiabank, we're passionate about bringing our whole selves to work, allowing us to create inclusive work environments for everyone to enjoy. We're here for every future.
Who we are in Talent Acquisition?
We are part of the Global Human Resources group at Scotiabank which is a strategic corporate function that operates around the world. Our best assets are our people, and so we need amazing HR professionals to find, hire, develop, train, and engage these assets!
Our goal is to be trusted partners across all our disciplines, focused on providing innovative solutions through seamless execution capability, thereby enabling exceptional employee experiences.
Your Career as the Director of Talent Acquisition:
Reporting to the Vice President of Global Talent Acquisition, this role will coach, lead and drive our teams responsible for Wealth and Corporate Functions. Responsible for leading a high performing talent acquisition team that are world class & grounded in competitive intelligence to partner with Scotiabank's Leadership at all level. Provide vision and strategic direction to Global Talent Acquisition strategies, future of TA and coaching of your direct reports.
- Collaborate with key business and HR leaders in Wealth and Corporate Functions to develop and implement forward thinking Talent Acquisition strategies that set up Scotiabank as an employer of choice
- Develop and implement key talent insights to drive accountability and forward-thinking conversations ensuring optimal people competencies are aligned to overall business priorities in order to provide greater transparency and visibility to stakeholders.
- Build and manage the implementation of priority talent segment strategies. Ensure diversity goals are included in program designs where appropriate
- Manage internal/external ROI and identify cost saving/revenue generating opportunities to expand Talent Acquisition partnerships.
- Build and develop business line initiatives to reinforce the Bank's commitment to Inclusion for all designated groups (Indigenous, Black, Gender, Persons with Disabilities, Visible Minorities, LGBTQ+) by ensuring proper candidate slate representation,
- Coach team members towards the effective and efficient utilization of sourcing, hiring & selection tools and resources to support business requirements and strategies.
- Lead and develop progressive and transformative programs to increase Talent Acquisition capability in key markets and businesses.
- Contribute to Talent Acquisition and Global HR vision through various strategic projects.
Education/Working Knowledge and Experience:
- Minimum 10 years of progressive and innovative leadership experience within Technical Talent Acquisition, coupled with a proven track record of leading transformative initiatives.
- Deep industry knowledge in banking and financial services
- Proven experience developing, executing and monitoring Talent Acquisition functions with a focus on enhancing operational efficiency.
- Able to attract, recognize, coach and develop recruitment expertise.
- Good understanding of managing teams that are accountable for high volume and professional roles
- Expert knowledge of the Banking Talent Acquisition landscape, talent sourcing and candidate relationship management tools and practices.
- Experience with a variety of HR systems including implementing an applicant tracking system and/or other technologies and working with recruitment partners/vendors.
- Proven ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with others across business units, functional departments, geographies and disciplines.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.