The Power Plant Contemporary Art Gallery is Canada’s leading public gallery devoted exclusively to the art of our time and is recognized as an important centre for contemporary art in North America. Since 1987, The Power Plant has been on a mission to create an open culture and community for people to be face-to-face with thought-provoking contemporary art and ideas. We have a culturally-diverse audience whose lives and communities we seek to enrich through encouraging exploration of self and society. More than a gallery, The Power Plant is a community hub that caters to adults, youth, and children through broad and unique programming. It is a window into a diverse range of ideas and perspectives that inspire unlimited personal discovery. To learn more about us, please visit www.thepowerplant.org.
We are currently looking to bring on board an enthusiastic, collaborative and creative Digital Marketing Coordinator to effectively develop and implement digital marketing strategies that build community, broaden audience outreach and maximize brand awareness. The ideal candidate for this newly created role is an engaging and savvy communicator with a passion for content development, community engagement and digital marketing. This position is a good fit for a highly motivated individual apt at both strategy and execution, who thrives on collaboration yet can be counted on to independently manage individual projects in a timely manner.
Digital Marketing Coordinator
Communications & Marketing Manager
Type of Employment:
Full time, 35-hour work week
$45,000 - $50,000 per year, including a comprehensive employee benefits package
- Devise social media and digital campaigns around evergreen/always-on brand content, exhibitions, public programs, and fundraising activity.
- Create engaging content on social media across Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and LinkedIn, including graphics, videos, and photos that adhere to brand tone and guidelines, making sure all interactions forward The Power Plant’s mission and mandate.
- Manage content schedule and calendar to ensure the most effective and diverse presentation of the gallery's activities.
- Introduce new initiatives to boost engagement and broaden online audiences.
- Keep abreast of social media and digital developments and ensure effectiveness of The Power Plant’s social and digital media activity.
- Create and schedule newsletters and e-flyers, liaising with all departments for content and timely distribution.
- Maintain consistent social engagement.
- Implement paid social campaigns for key initiatives.
- Monitor competitor landscape, trends, and industry changes.
- Research virtual strategies and implement accordingly.
- Gather analytics and evaluation to improve and design future campaigns and create reports on digital activity for internal and external use.
- Maintain and develop accurate and comprehensive contact database on Mailchimp.
- Support other Communications & Marketing projects as needed.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE & ATTRIBUTES:
- Track record of success with at least 2-4 years or more of Digital Marketing, Communications and Social Media experience.
- Strong writing skills and attention to detail.
- Effective time management skills and ability to handle multiple projects at once.
- Highly adaptable and open to learning new technology, platforms and best practices; stays updated on current trends in digital and social media.
- Ability to propose new, innovative ways to build awareness and broaden audience outreach.
- Community-minded and champion of diversity and inclusion.
- Professional experience in digital marketing and advertising agency, and/or online media are advantageous, however candidates with similar experience will also be considered.
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Non-Canadian applicants must have a valid employment Visa and proper documentation authorizing their ability to work in Canada.
- Remote work from home is currently in place, however the candidate must be able to work on site at our downtown lakeside gallery as needed, and when our return to work plan is implemented.
- The Power Plant recognizes its heightened duty to protect employees from health and safety risks during the current pandemic. Therefore, an offer of employment shall be conditional upon proof of vaccination with a vaccine series approved by Health Canada or the World Health Organization.
- Influencer engagement experience and existing contacts are highly desirable.
- Adobe Suite and graphic design knowledge is an asset.
- Photography, video and live-streaming production experience is a plus.
HOW TO APPLY:
Acceptable applications must include a current resume, and a cover letter addressed to Beverly Cheng, Marketing Manager, indicating how you meet the essential criteria of this key position, as well as your salary expectation.
The Power Plant is committed to diversity and inclusiveness. We encourage qualified applicants from all backgrounds to apply by no later than November 5, 2021. Please quote Digital Marketing Coordinator (The Power Plant) in the subject line of your application.
We sincerely thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. Suitable accommodations will be available upon request during the hiring process.