Requisition ID: 126805
Tangerine is Canada's leading direct bank. We offer flexible and accessible banking options, innovative products, and award-winning Client service. The reason why Tangerine employees come to work each day is to help Canadians live better lives. We focus on making a difference in our communities, and that includes our own internal community. It's important to us that our employees feel empowered and enthusiastic about belonging to our Orange culture.
The Senior Manager, Credit Card and Lending, Marketing is responsible for developing and driving the end to end marketing strategy and campaign roadmap for the Credit Card and Lending Product Portfolios to deliver on organizational targets for new client acquisition, revenue growth as well as client retention and engagement.
Leveraging data-driven decisions and sophisticated analytic insights, and working closely with counterparts in the Performance Marketing team, Product teams and other key stakeholders, the Senior Manager will develop the overall marketing strategy and associated programs, campaigns and tactics to contribute to the growth of Tangerine's Credit Card and Lending businesses, inclusive of credit cards, lines, loans and mortgages. The Senior Manager will drive marketing initiatives to acquire new clients as well as driving revenue through the engagement and retention of existing Credit Card and Lending clients.
The successful candidate will possess strong strategic, financial and business acumen along with a proven track record for helping a Tier One organization acquire, grow and retain Clients through marketing communications efforts.
- Owns end to end marketing strategy for respective product lines. Leads the strategic development and execution of comprehensive annual marketing plans, including test and learn agendas and go to market strategies to support the mandate for acquisition, growth and retention for respective product portfolios to achieve client and product level goals
- Defines and drives channel strategy & optimization across external and internal channels and assigns respective marketing budget allocations for areas such as creative, production, media, campaign/offer incentives and other associated marketing costs. Develops overall campaign roadmap, and works with channel owners to build channel specific campaigns, forecasts and key performance indicators. Continuously identifies, evaluates and tests new channels, strategies and tactics. Monitors and shares performance and develops action plans to bridge any gaps.
- Collaborates closely with Performance Marketing team to drive new to bank acquisition, understand media opportunities to optimize client awareness, consideration and conversion throughout acquisition funnel & defines associated media budgets
- Collaborates closely with product teams to define product value propositions, always-on and promotional offers, taking into consideration customer needs & our position in the market vs competitors; targeting & segmentation opportunities; offer strategies and defining incentive budget assignments for respective product portfolios
- Partners cross-functionally with Performance & Brand Marketing, Marketing Operations, Marketing Analytics, Product Management, Web & Mobile Channel teams & Service & Sales, etc. to achieve objectives
- Lead communications of marketing strategy and campaign roadmap for respective product portfolios to all internal marketing and cross-functional partners to ensure strategic alignment and prioritization
- Provide developmental support to direct reports through coaching, experiential learning, educational opportunities, etc.
- Embraces and ensures execution of Tangerine's promises and leadership competencies
- Ensure Tangerine remains in compliance, and is aware of all banking/regulatory requirements, amendments and responsibilities.
o University Degree in Marketing/Advertising and/or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
o Minimum 7-10 years in marketing with leadership experience in a demanding digital-oriented Tier-1 organization (e.g. Telco, Banking, Retail, Technology etc.)
o Minimum 5-7 years of strategic marketing communications experience including digital channels
o Experience in Credit Card and/or Lending products Marketing a strong plus
o Strong communication skills (presentation, verbal and written)
The Senior Manager, Credit Card and Lending, Marketing will be working in a traditional office environment and may be subject to special working conditions as needed by the business. Special working conditions may cover a range of circumstances from regular evening and weekend work, overtime, shift work, working outdoors and/or working with challenging clients.
Tangerine will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental disabilities of an otherwise qualified employee or applicant for employment, unless undue hardship to Tangerine would result. Any applicant or employee who requires accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of a job should contact Human Resources or his or her supervisor.
All members of the Tangerine Team are responsible for managing risk and compliance within their departments. As such, employees should maintain and demonstrate the highest standards of integrity and ethical conduct in accordance with Tangerine policies, guidelines and directions.
MANAGEMENT COMPLIANCE ACCOUNTABILITIES:
All managers and above at Tangerine are responsible for understanding and complying with the Regulatory Compliance Framework including the Anti-Money Laundering/Anti-Terrorist Financing and Sanctions Policy and all AML related policies, procedures and controls within the department.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : North York
At Tangerine we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the team, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know.