At Edward Jones, we help clients achieve their serious, long-term financial goals by understanding their needs and implementing tailored solutions. To ensure a personal client experience, we have located our 14,000+ branch offices where our more than 7 million clients live and work.
A typical branch office has one financial advisor who meets with clients face-to-face and one branch office administrator who enhances the team's ability to build deep relationships with clients. Headquarters associates in St. Louis and Tempe provide support and expertise to help U.S. and Canada branch teams deliver an ideal client experience. Edward Jones currently has more branch offices than any other financial services firm, and we continue to grow to meet the needs of long-term individual investors.
Are you a hunter? Do you enjoy leveraging your networks and unique sourcing strategies to identify hard to find talent? Then this may be the role for you!
The Branch Development division at Edward Jones hires, trains, supports and develops the branch team to deliver the ideal client experience. As the key connection between branches and the home office, you'll play a vital role in driving positive results in the core profit center of the firm and in gaining critical insights that shape our business.
Our Canadian Branch Team Talent Acquisition team is seeking a strong, strategic Recruiter focused on identifying and attracting Experienced Financial Advisors to the firm. The ideal candidate will manage two primary relationships within the talent acquisition process:
Partner with field leadership to identify the need and build out an effective recruitment strategy to fulfill that need.
Act as primary point of contact to candidates in the sourcing, presentation, selection, closing and administrative components of the talent acquisition process.
This opportunity will provide you with visibility and interaction with our leaders and associates, give you autonomy and flexibility in your role, and position you to serve as the "trusted talent advisor" for your hiring leaders.
- Develop and execute a Business Plan in partnership with the Recruiting Leader.
- Proactively source candidates for the Financial Advisor (FA) role, reviewing candidate qualifications and developing and maintaining regional sourcing strategies to support business plans and attain firm growth goals
- Contact and meet with local community organizations and businesses within allocated regions to generate a network of contacts for lead generation.
- Develop and execute sourcing strategies to attain goals while actively sharing and engaging with FA and Branch Office Administrators throughout the regions
- Coordinate with Recruitment Marketing in the development and implementation of marketing materials to attract and engage Industry candidates
- Manage, maintain and prioritize a network of prospects and candidates by following up with all candidate inquiries and closing appropriate files
- Work collaboratively with various recruiting teams, internal areas and Financial Advisors throughout the region.
- Evaluate and maintain the quality of non-industry candidates hired to the firm
- Participates in the discussion of employment offers for non-industry candidates.
- Coordinate activities and maintain constant open communication with the other recruiters in your area
- Back up Talent Acquisition Manager and other Recruiters in sourcing and selection as necessary
- Must be able to, in a compelling manner, articulate and sell the Edward Jones opportunity to candidates.
- Travel within the regions will be required
Qualifications Required in the Job:
- University Degree strongly preferred, or equivalent work experience in a related position.
- A minimum of 6-7 years in recruitment ideally with experience in the Financial Services industry.
- Completion of Canadian Securities Course highly desirable.
- Bilingual English/Cantonese, English/Mandarin, or English/French desired, but not required.
- Candidate must have an understanding of the overall competitive landscape in recruiting.
- Must have recruiting and sourcing knowledge including use of social networking sites, cold calling and managing a candidate pipeline within an applicant tracking systems.
- Familiarity with competency-based selection required.
- Proven ability to build relationships by creating credibility internally with colleagues and externally with potential candidates
- Established ability to self-manage and prioritize workloads which consist of competing demands from multiple client groups
- Applicant tracking systems.
- Advanced internet and social media based recruiting knowledge.
- Microsoft Office products.
- E-learning applications.
Strong problem resolution skills are required. This position requires the ability to identify challenges or potential problems with daily operations and candidate needs. Requires the ability to independently review, interpret and make recommendations on hiring decisions regarding individual candidates based on multiple data points.
This role will require the ability to analyze information and resolve discrepancies and make decisions. Must have strong ability to prioritize and handle complex workflows, projects and operational decisions.
Span of Influence:
Purpose of this role is to execute proactive sourcing and selection processes to directly impact the growth and performance results for the firm. The position requires financial services knowledge, firm knowledge and human resource knowledge.
This position is responsible to source qualified candidates for the Financial Advisor role across a defined geography. Additional un-defined risks also exist which are related to legal ramifications of discriminatory practices and policies and the risks associated with individuals changing firms.
The results of this position is measured by the quality and quantity of candidates selected for the Financial Advisors position.
- FORTUNE 2020 - Edward Jones was named No. 7 on the 2020 FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For® list.
- From FORTUNE ©2020 FORTUNE Media IP Limited. All rights reserved. Used under license. FORTUNE and FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For are registered trademarks of Fortune Media IP Limited and are used under license. FORTUNE and Fortune Media IP Limited are not affiliated with, and do not endorse products or services of, Edward Jones Investments.
- Edward Jones Ranked No. 6 of the 100 best workplaces for millennials by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE Magazine.
- 2020 Corporate Equality Index - Edward Jones joins the ranks of 680 major U.S businesses that received top marks in the HRC Foundations 18th Annual Scorecard on LBGTQ Workplace Equality
- Edward Jones named a top company for training, ranking No. 25 on Training magazine's 2020 Training Top 125 list - the highest ranking among the financial-services industry!
- Financial services firm Edward Jones has been named one of the 2019 Best Workplaces for Parents by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE magazine. The firm ranked No. 5 on the list of 50 companies, up two spots from last year.
- The Best Workplaces for Parents list is one of a series of rankings by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE based on employee feedback from Great Place to Work-Certified? organizations. Edward Jones ranked No. 7 on the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work for in 2019 list, the firm's 20th appearance on the list. The firm also was ranked the No. 1 Best Workplace in Financial Services & Insurance and the No. 6 Best Workplace for Millennials by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE.
Edward Jones does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.