Sales Development Representative - Software (SaaS)
This position is based in Evidence Partners Ottawa office, with occasional travel to sales events and industry conferences.
DistillerSR is a SaaS platform that is used globally by researchers, pharmaceutical companies, medical device companies, governments, NGOs, and academic institutions to deliver life changing evidence-based research faster and more efficiently. Our software combines proprietary data management, workflow, and AI technologies that are fundamentally changing the way researchers conduct systematic literature reviews.
Who We Are
Evidence Partners is a successful, Ottawa-based software company in the life sciences field. We are expanding rapidly in response to increasing demand in our target markets, and we are actively looking for top talent to add to our fantastic team. We are dedicated to positively impacting the future of evidence-based research by helping our users conduct high quality systematic literature reviews faster and more efficiently. As a part of our team, you will contribute to our corporate mission to have a positive impact on global healthcare research.
Evidence Partners is looking for a Sales Development Representative - SaaS Software.
The candidate will be responsible for sales outreach activities supporting a team of Sales Executives, ensuring excellence in the execution of sales prospecting.
The Sales Development Representative is a hands-on role that plays an active part in helping develop Evidence Partners pipeline for revenue generation. The successful candidate will support a team of Account Executives to develop an outreach strategy and achieve team goals. Cultivate leads, through cold emailing/calling, that result in qualified opportunities for Account Executives and ultimately contribute the Annual Contract Value of the company. You must bring integrity, drive, passion, and superb communications skills.
Duties, Responsibilities and Accountability:
- Work collaboratively with Account Executives to determine and implement opportunity specific sales approaches guided by the Evidence Partners Sales Process.
- Write highly engaging, personalized emails to engage and qualify leads.
- Execution of seamless handoff of qualified leads to Account Executives
- Manage day to day activities to support the sales efforts within several identified sales verticals.
- Manage monthly sales outreach activities to ensure accurate company forecasting.
- Help maintain lead flow to ensure sales team hit their quarterly and yearly targets.
- Maintain accurate customer data within the corporate CRM solution
- Proactively manage key sales campaigns identified in the annual sales plan.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Experience and Background
- 3 to 5 years' experience in a complex, solution sales environment
- Demonstrated experience in opportunity qualification, pre-call planning, call control, account development, and time management.
- Team player that collaborates with other departments, such as Marketing and Operations, for outreach and special projects.
- Exceptional communication, writing and presentation skills.
- Experience with customer relationship management (CRM) software such as Hubspot.
- Experience in lead outreach execution and prioritization
- Strong problem identification and objection resolution skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Self-motivated, with high energy and an engaging level of enthusiasm.
- Desire to constructively contribute to a team environment
We provide a flexible work environment, competitive compensation, benefits package, and the opportunity to work with leaders in their field.
We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated and committed to recruiting and selecting applicants on the basis of their qualifications. We strive to increase our diversity and encourage applications from all candidates that meet any of our requirements. Evidence Partners does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, gender, disability, age, or other protected statuses. We are focused on equality and believe that increasing diversity of thought and lived experience makes us stronger together.