Job Description :
620 West 8th Ave
Regular Full Time
As soon as possible
Days off: Saturday, Sunday, Statutory Holidays
Come work as a Marketing Coordinator with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Marketing Coordinator to join the Digital Communications team. Apply today to join our team!
As a Marketing Coordinator with Vancouver Coastal Health you will:
- Provide marketing expertise for the team's hiring initiatives and strategies and assist in the development and improvement of recruitment practices and services to maximize Vancouver Coastal Health's brand presence.
- Support online marketing technology including the department's social media presence and develop systems to support data tracking and analysis of metrics and demographics in line with corporate recruitment strategies.
- Ensure integrity of posting information on both internal and external sites and assist with maintaining social media related sites.
- In collaboration with the Recruitment Advisors, engage in candidate research and pre-screening activities/functions at times and coordinate and participate in career fairs and conferences on behalf of the department and organization.
As per the current Public Health Orders (Long Term Care/Seniors Assisted Living Provincial Health Officer Order and the Health Sector Order), as of October 26, 2021, all employees working for Vancouver Coastal Health must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Proof of vaccination status will be required.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Communications, Human Resources or related field.
- Two (2) to three (3) years' recent, related experience with social media management, web based communications and content management systems, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Demonstrated strength and ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing to all stakeholders and clients.
- Ability to utilize a variety of relevant software applications at an advanced level including current word processing, spreadsheet, database and recruitment software.
- Social media fluency and aptitude for technology. Current knowledge of on-line technologies and social media from a recruitment and communications perspective. Competency in a variety of software such as WordPress, Canva (Photoshop, Lightroom, Premiere, etc.), Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, etc.), Hootsuite, Google Analytics, Facebook Business Manager, Google AdWords, and Basic HTML.
- Knowledge of current employment legislation and general human resources principles and best practices considered an asset
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize work and balance multiple activities concurrently, and in a manner that optimizes departmental effectiveness and contributes to organizational success.
- Ability to analyze information and evaluate results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Demonstrates creativity, resourcefulness, and an excellent customer service-orientation.
- Exercises considerable judgment, tact, and discretion in preparing, disclosing and handling information of a confidential and/or sensitive nature.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Strong analytical, organizational, communication, interpersonal and administrative skills.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Please note that a resume is required to apply to this posting.
Hours of Work may vary due to project requirements.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential to our goals of creating a great place to work and delivering exceptional care. We acknowledge and accommodate unique differences and ensure special measures are in place so that all prospective and current employees are given an opportunity to succeed.
We are committed to building a representative workforce and encourage applications reflecting diversity of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization or ancestry, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person.
VCH is proud to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Canada in 2021 by Glassdoor and Forbes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.