Founded in 2017, Coinberry is the safest and most secure FINTRAC-registered platform to buy and sell Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, XRP, Stellar and Bitcoin Cash and many more crypto coins in Canada. We are the first pure-play crypto trading platform in Canada to be fully registered across all provinces and territories and are focused on bringing blockchain and digital currency solutions to Canadians through our online cryptocurrency brokerage.
Trusted by hundreds of thousands of Canadians, we aim to deliver the best-in-class user experience. We support both desktop and mobile experiences across our suite of Web, iOS and Android applications. This is the opportunity to work in both an awesome company and an exciting industry experiencing hyper growth.
We are looking for a Typescript backend developer to be a part of our development team. You will primarily be a part of the backend team, working on our cloud based Trader Engine. You'll be responsible for implementing/maintaining order processing pipelines and api integrations. Your primary responsibilities will involve development of new cloud services and their infrastructure needs, coordination of communication between the trader engine and other components, optimize services for performance and availability along with monitoring all the subsystems to increase visibility and autonomous failure recovery. You will be creating new designs and stacks and implement them with Typescript and AWS CDK.
- Write effective and safe code in Typescript
- Write scalable infrastructure code in Typescript using AWS CDK
- Use AWS services (API Gateway, Kinesis, Step Functions, DynamoDB, etc...) to design and implement cloud native solutions
- Create containerized services running on NodeJS
- Write tests for infrastructure and application code
- Monitor, optimize and maintain applications after deployment
- Coordinate with team members who work on different layers of infrastructure
- 2+ years of experience with Typescript, NodeJS
- Good understanding of how to use Typescript to prevent runtime errors
- Solid understanding of commonly used AWS services
- Experience with NoSQL databases and Message Queues
- Experience working with Git, Github
- Familiarity with continuous integration pipelines
- Familiarity with SQL, PostgreSQL querying
- Bonus: Understands the fundamentals of the crypto industry
Here's a bit about the company
- We've transitioned to a remote first company.
- Our office hours are 9-5 EST, but sometimes life gets in the way and we completely understand. Everyone's happy as long as your deliverables are being met.
- We'll stock you up with a company laptop (Macbook Pro) and a home office setup budget
- We have yearly paid vacation.
- We offer a very competitive salary.
- We offer benefits (for Canadian applicants) and ESOP (for all).
- We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and embrace a diverse and inclusive culture. Currently we're spread across 4 continents!
- We welcome and encourage applications from persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Potential candidates will be required to undergo a background check as a condition of employment
Job Type: Full-time