Energy Profiles Limited (EPL) is a leading comprehensive, full-service provider of data-driven energy and sustainability data management and ESG reporting, predictive analytics, and independent/impartial expertise to owners and managers of large commercial property portfolios. Our cloud-based software platforms, Stream® Utility Tracker and Building Intelligence®, combine a deep understanding of building operations, the real estate industry, and technology to drive performance, improve cost efficiency, and advance sustainable operations. With offices in Vancouver, Calgary, and Toronto, we serve some of the world's largest private and public companies.
About the Role
ETL/Data Systems Developers are an integral part of our Data Systems Group. This is our team of engineers, analysts, and developers who develop proprietary software and systems to analyze and report on energy use and costs for some of the largest public and private companies in Canada. The data we track holds insight about how office buildings run and perform both year-over-year and in real-time.
Data is both collected and received at all hours of the day and must be made accessible to the client expeditiously with precision and care. The integrity and reliability of the data cannot be understated. It is used by our building analytics team and clients to make informed decisions about current operations and their future direction.
As a member of the team you will:
- Define data flow processes and develop ETL tools in Python that are reliable, reusable and scalable.
- Work with an array of data sources, formats and frameworks with the end goal to provide meaningful, accurate data.
- Conduct testing to ensure data integrity and the flow of data from the tools you create.
- Integrate tools into existing systems that control and run software.
- Establish new processes and tools to continuously improve how we access, load, and monitor critical data.
- Troubleshoot and debug existing/legacy applications and tools.
- Provide internal system support to our building analytics team.
You are smart and act with purpose. You feel successful and accomplished when you solve complex problems and deliver working tools and develop robust data processes.
You approach projects and development tasks with client needs and users in mind. You know everyone has a unique skill set and that there's lots to learn from your team.
Nominally, you have an undergraduate degree in computer engineering, computer science, or another technical field (or equivalent experience).
1-3 years of industry experience developing smart ETL processes and tools is preferred. A high degree of proficiency in Python and Microsoft SQL Server is required.
A broader understanding and some degree of coding proficiency in HTML, Java and C#, as well as fundamental knowledge in web and network technologies is considered a definite asset.
EPL team members also:
- Join a community of super-smart and nice people, who are doing good and valuable things.
- Do meaningful work that is technically challenging and benefits the environment.
- Truly own your time: be given immense flexibility in work hours and time off.
- Enjoy a vibrant workplace with regular team fun (events & activities).
- Receive access to a full complement of insured benefits, health spending account and monthly transit allowance.
EPL is committed to maintaining an equitable, fair, and inclusive workplace. We welcome diversity and encourage applications from all qualified applicants. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If you do require accommodations, please send an email via Isarta.
While we thank all applicants, however only those under consideration will be contacted for an interview.