Job Description :
We are currently looking for an experienced HROD Administrative Assistant to complement our team. This position encompasses a wide variety of responsibilities in an environment that is values driven and seeks to provide our internal clients and members of the public with an exceptional customer focused experience. You will be the first point of contact for HR- related queries from employees and external parties. Reporting to Manager, Human Resources this position is responsible for providing administrative support to the Human Resources and Organizational Development teams.
Answers and screens incoming telephone calls from employees and other parties; provides information to external and internal requests; directs callers to appropriate staff; takes and relays messages
- Respond to basic employee enquiries and escalate complex enquiries to appropriate parties to ensure customer satisfaction
- Prepares documents (e.g., correspondence, reports, presentations, agendas, minutes, policies and procedures, etc.) using a variety of software programs (e.g., presentation, word processing, spreadsheet, etc.)
- Establishes and maintains appropriate departmental files, both manual and computerized; maintains reference materials for the department (including internal/ external circulation lists), researches and compiles information as requested
- Receives, reviews and prioritizes incoming mail and faxes, screens time-sensitive or confidential correspondence, sorts and distributes to department staff, prepares and signs routine correspondence.
- Manages calendar of Manager/ Director by scheduling meetings, making adjustments as necessary based on changing needs and priorities
- Makes travel and accommodation arrangements, and prepares relevant claims forms for reimbursement
- Arranges meeting rooms, equipment and room set up as required; distribution of agendas and information materials; follow up on action items as instructed.
- Coordinates the orientation of new staff and ensures all necessary supplies and equipment are requested, delivered and/or setup
- Performs other duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Completion of post-secondary education in human resources or equivalent years of experience as a HR Assistant or relevant role.
Demonstrated working knowledge of general office administrative processes, methods and techniques acquired through a minimum of two years experience.
- General experience with HR software, like HRIS or HRMS
- Good knowledge of Employment Standards Act legislation and labour laws.
- Demonstrated ability to work with limited supervision, with proven skills in organization and time management.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information in a discreet and professional manner.
- Superior oral and written communication and proofreading skills.
- Advanced key boarding skills and the ability to use a variety of software programs (including MS Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio etc.); advanced knowledge of internet searching and navigating; Ability to work with Home and Community Care Support Services Toronto Central-specific databases and find and retrieve information on the Intranet
- English/French bilingual would be an asset.
We offer competitive salary and employee benefits, including pension contributions with HOOPP.
Home and Community Care Support Services Toronto Central is committed to accommodating people with disabilities as part of our hiring process. If you have special requirements, please advise Human Resources during the recruitment process.
Home and Community Care Support Services values the health and safety of its employees and is committed to the prevention of COVID-19 exposure and transmission of infection to employees, patients, caregivers, contractors, visitors and residents. As a requirement of Home and Community Care Support Services Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, all employees must be considered fully vaccinated for COVID-19.