Come join us and help make a difference in the lives of older adults! As employees at a Verve Senior Living Retirement Residence, our primary goal is to help each person, have a great day, every day! Our employees thrive on collaboration and have a passion for excellence, achieving multiple awards including the Order of Excellence in Quality, from Excellence Canada. As part of our team, the things you do are key to helping us achieve our shared vision of helping seniors live longer, better. Oh, and you'll also have a lot of fun doing it. Want to join us?
Under the direction of the general manager, responds to multiple inquiries at once while performing a variety of clerical tasks in a busy reception area.
Minimum grade 12 diploma. Minimum two years experience in a similar position. Proficient in Office including Word and Excel. Excellent written and verbal English skills required.
- Participates and contributes to the Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) program.
- Answers and directs the telephone in a professional, courteous manner.
- Prepares and receives courier packages.
- Prepares reports and performs routine typing using Word, and establishes forms using Excel.
- Directs requests for marketing tours to appropriate staff.
- Performs photocopying, faxing and filing as required.
- Updates all daily, weekly, and monthly residents' list and distributes accordingly.
- Ensures that the reception desk and surrounding area is kept clean and tidy.
- Distributes all incoming mail.
- Calls residents to confirm doctor appointments, beauty salon, taxi, podiatrist, guest meals, arrival of medication.
- Participates in committee meetings and resident social events as required.
- Presents a positive company image and maintains positive communication with other staff, residents, families and the public.
- Participates in meetings, in-service programs as arranged by the site.
- Assists with evening and weekend activities as required.
- Performs other tasks as assigned by general manager.
- Complies with the Occupational Health and Safety Act, Workplace Safety and Insurance Act, and Workplace Hazardous Material Information System. This includes recognizing health and safety hazards, reporting incidents, fulfilling responsibilities under the applicable legislation, as well as participating in in-services and fire drills.
We accommodate persons with disabilities in the recruitment and hiring process.
All offers of employment are subject to a Criminal Background Check. We thank all who apply; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.